Chapter 4

The next day Shawn went to his friends office. An Oncologist 

"Hey" asked his friend John (Dr. Carter). "We still on for drinks tonight?" 

"Ya, ya" replied Shawn.

"What's wrong?"

"Its Mara" 

"Ya I heard about the broken ribs"

"Ya. But she has other bruises too. One giant one on her arm. That wasn't there after the soccer incident. And the other night I was there and saw bloody tissues in the trash can like from a nose bleed. Not to mention my mom said she was been extra tired lately. Then there is Ben..."

"Woah, slow down" said John "Lets not get ahead of ourselves. What are her symptoms or supposed symptoms?" said John getting up from his desk

"Bruising, tiredness and bloody noses" 

"The bruising though expected from soccer. The bloody noses are unsure"

"Yes. But Ben was on the internet and was looking up stuff"

"The internet? Since when do we as doctors listen to the internet for medical advice?"

"Never" 

"Exactly"

"Before we get all worked up. Lets do some blood work?"

"Okay, yes let me just talk to my parents" 

"Alright you do that. Than call me. But for now don't freak out"

Shawn nodded. John gave him a hug and then Shawn left. Shawn though didn't know how he was going to talk to his parents about this. He decided it would be best to talk to his father first. And that's exactly what he did after work. Shawn walked into his house.

"Mara Grace!" yelled Jessica walking into the living room just as Shawn walked in. 

Mara knew what her mother was about to yell at her for. She sunk down into the couch. Shawn decided to walk past them trying to avoid them seeing him and go find dad. He walked into the kitchen. Ethan and Jack were there.

"What did she do?" asked Shawn.

"I guess she fell asleep in class and this isn't first time"

Shawn didn't respond, but asked "Where is dad?"

"Outback in the shed" 

Shawn left the kitchen to the backyard. Meanwhile in the living.

"I understand that you might still be not feeling well, but you can't fall asleep in class and apparently this isn't the first time. Your teacher understands that you are still healing but considering it wasn't the first time..."

"Mom I know, I'm sorry. I'm just adjusting back to school" 

"Okay, he is willing to let it go again, but don't let it happen again. Now I'm going to get you some ice for your ribs. Turn that TV off and pull out some homework"

"Danny is coming over to help me with Math"

"That's fine. But I expect work to be done" said Jessica leaving to get ice.

"I thought she was going to get in more trouble then that. That's lame" said Jack

"Don't you two have homework to do?" asked Jessica to Ethan and Jack.

"Done" said Ethan.

"Well I suggest you find something better to do than to sit here and listen to me scold your sister"