Chapter 6 - Where Are We Heading?

Maine's POV

Flashback

"Salamat Maine" Alden whispers in my ear as he hugged me.

We dropped him off at the house he is staying while they are here.

I can't see them but I'm sure my cousins are snickering at the exchange they are witnessing.

"See you on Friday?" Alden asks as we both pull away from each other.

"Yes, see you on Friday" I reply and give him my best smile.

*****

"Nooooo Maineeeeee" I am drawn back to here and now with Alexandra whining in my arms.

"Shh, it's okay Alex, we need to change your nappie" I coo as I place a crying kid on her changing table. I point to the birds she can see from her window and let out a deep sigh of relief as her attention turn to them. Crisis averted.

It's Friday and I am waiting for Ella and Alex's parents to arrive so I can catch the train to Town Hall where Alden's Kapuso show with other celebrities will take place. The week has gone by really fast and I finally started my final project. I just grabbed my tools and the next thing I know I'm done with a rough sketch.

"Your phone is ringing Maine" Ella tells me as I'm plating the Mac and Cheese I made for their dinner.

"Is that your boyfriend Maine?" Alex asks as I notice Alden's face appear on my screen.

I smile, it's a picture I took during our trip. I remember he was so focused in paddling that he wasn't looking anywhere but ahead so I took out my camera. The moment that I pressed the button to capture the moment, he turned around and smirked at me. Turns out he was so used to paparazzi shots that he knew exactly what I was trying to do. But thankfully, the photo came out well. It was so good I had to make it his contact photo.

"Oh, no Alex, he is just a friend" I explain making these two sisters look at each other as if conspiring. The two were quiet for a few seconds before chanting,

"Maine has a boyfriend, Maine has a boyfriend, Maine has a boyfriend!!!"

"Who has a boyfriend?" we all hear a voice filled with amusement and turn to Joseph, the kids' dad.

"Maine has!!!" the girls shout and I blush.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend Maine" Joseph says ganging up with his children. Oh these three!

"I didn't know either" Cathy, his wife and the kids' mom adds as she comes to join us in the kitchen.

We all laugh at the silly situation I found myself in.

Looks like they will never live this down!!!

*****

After all the teasing and all clear to leave, I rushed to the subway and caught the train just in time. I arrive at Town Hall and hear screams from inside. Gosh, I missed the start.

I look at my phone and see several missed calls from Alden. I didn't notice this when I was in the subway! Geez!

Message from Alden: Maine, san ka na? I was gonna meet you up front kaso I had to get ready. My handler, Nathan, will wait for you and he'll bring you backstage.

After reading his message, I look up to search for this Nathan. I notice a guy checking his phone then grins when he sees me.

"Hi, you must be Maine. Alden told me a lot about you. I'm Nathan. Nice to meet you"