Ch 1: The Way it Used To Be

Mackenzie's POV

"PLEASE MADDIE!" I yelled, begging my sister!

"NO! Just shut up and leave me alone!" My sister shouted back. 

I felt tears filling my eyes, and I blinked them back. If I cried, Maddie would make fun of me. She doesn't know the reason I'm so unstable about my emotions. She just thinks I'm a crybaby.

"All I want is to borrow your phone charger!" I mumbled. 

"I SAID NO! GO AWAY, YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!"

"You're the annoying one! I shouted back." Maddie got up from the living room couch and grabbed my dying phone out of my hands.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I complained, running after her out onto the patio. 

"Teaching you not to bother me when I'm Facetiming Josh!" She shot back with a glare, and a mischievous glint in her eyes. That's never good. Not a lot of people know this, but when Maddie gets a crazy idea, it's always TOO crazy. 

"Just give it back, I'm sorry! I whined, reaching for my phone." 

"Come and get it, shortie!" Maddie teased. 

I stared at her for a couple seconds, trying to lower her guard. I lunged at her, but she darted away like a cheetah. "A brunette, flexible, bully cheetah." I thought. I chased my older sister around the backyard, caring only about my phone! All of a sudden, I felt a sharp, searing pain in my ankle. I tripped over a root of the big tree that hung over our pool. I glanced toward the sky, clutching my foot and saw Maddie sitting up in the tree branch, smiling slyly. How did she get up there? She's literally part cat. I thought. 

"Oh look! My clumsy little baby sister fell!" She mocked.

"I'm not a baby! I'm 12 years old!" I cried, tears streaming down my face, both from the insult and the pain of my ankle.

"You need to toughen up lil' sis!" Madison said evilly. "You've turned into such a wimp. It's probably because you're always on your phone. Not facing the real world." She smirked.

"Stop, Maddie that's not true!" I whimpered.

Maddie's POV

"I can help you toughen up! First things first, you need to be having less screen time." I smirked. I pulled Kenzie's phone out of my back pocket and waved it at her as her eyes grew wide.

"Give it back Madz!" She yelled at me.

"But then you wouldn't learn your lesson! No more phone time for Mackenzie!" I shouted back. With that I chucked her IPhone 6s into the pool! Tears sprang to her eyes once again. 

"MADISON!" Kenzie shrieked. "How could you? You're never gonna get away with this, Mom'll be home soon!" 

"I'll just tell her you were being clumsy. AGAIN!" I called, walking into the house.

 AGAIN!" I called, walking into the house

Kenzie's POV

Ever since Dance Moms, Maddie has turned into the biggest brat! It really changed her. I thought. I winced at the pain of my ankle as I leaned up against the big tree to watch the slowly setting sun. I thought about how tired I was of it all. The bullying at school, Miss Abby always yelling at me and comparing me to Maddie. My crush, Scott never noticing me. I didn't notice, but I just let myself drift off into a sweet,  peaceful bliss, hoping it would never end.