6. Sticky notes, breakfasts and New friends

"I love how my kitchen smells of butter and you in the mornings. It is such a welcoming aroma." - Logan.

(Logan)

Logan woke up with a grunt. It had taken him so long before he could finally get rid of her from his brain and go to sleep.

And then she haunted him in his dreams. He wondered if this all would go away with a kiss or if it would grow.

He was not ready to find out. Somehow he knew the answer wouldn't be easier to swallow.

He took a shower before he walked to the kitchen. He rummaged his fridge for something to eat and that was when he noted the post it note stuck to the right side of the refrigerator door.

He picked it up and smiled when he read it and then he picked up another paper and scribbled a note before he folded her note and put it inside his wallet along with her eight bucks.

When did she wake up and made it all for him?

Somehow the thought of her doing it all just for him made him warm all over. He took a sniff and he could smell butter and her in the air. And he loved it.

For the first time in so long, he was going to have a proper breakfast at his home. Yes, whenever he visited mom, he would get this kind of Royal treatment, but today was much more special.

He walked to the table she didn't like very much and opened the tray to find a plate of scrambled eggs with veggies and French toast and a glass of orange juice. There was also a muffin.

His mouth watered. He clapped enthusiastically before he sat and ate everything. Except broccoli. Oh, he hated that.

As he walked inside his office, Tom, his assistant stared at him with wariness.

"What?" Logan asked.

"Am I going to get fired, boss?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"You are like... Smiling."

"And so?"

"I don't know. It is just weird. And I am scared." Tom said as he opened a file and pushed it in front of Logan. "You want coffee?"

"Nah, I am good."

"You are going to work without coffee?"