9. And They Met Again

Start from the beginning

Hussain's POV

"you shouldn't have said that Ali!" I was back in the waiting hall when I heard a voice, panicked and my head turned towards the source of the voice.

"he won't meet us and you know this" the same voice of a little boy.

"No. he will meet us today and I have promised my friends that I will bring my daddy today and they can meet him"

"Are you crazy? You promised? Remember what Mummy says about promises? You don't promise anything you are not completely sure about Ali!"

I got up from the sofa and walked quietly towards the two boys standing in the corner of the lobby right behind the door of the waiting hall and I recognize them... the same twins I just met some half hour back.

"don't lecture me okay. am elder than you. I know better" the one with darker hair boasted while the other one pouted.

"only a few minutes so don't boss me" he remarked and I literally chuckled at his cute response.

"daddy will meet us today, I will make him"

"Mummy will be really upset with us, wo naraz hon gi" the one named Umer stated innocently.

"han mager mein ne Abdullah se promise kiya hea k aj mein usey apne Daddy se milwaoon ga. Merey pass bhi daddy hen or wo mujh se buhat piyar kerty hen, mujhy toys la ker dety hen, chocolates detey hen...

"But that's a lie" Umer cut him through. "the truth is that he hates us and will never meet us" his head hung low with a pout on his cute baby lips.

I was about to walk towards them when a few kids seemingly older then them two, ran towards them and one among the group stood in front of Ali. 

"Hey butt head! your Daddy didn't show up even this time yeah?" he gave a smack at his head laughing at him.

"he is coming" Ali lied.... I wonder what was the story behind, why what made these small innocent kids lie about their own father?

I looked around and stepped out of the hall heading towards the ground where my gaze caught sight of something that could help....

Ali's POV

"Leave him alone" Umer stepped in the middle trying to act all brave and I mentally rolled my eyes at the little bravery he was trying to show.

Abdullah mockingly laughed as he leaned in towards him. "or else? you will call daddy yeah?" he laughed once again.

"your daddy will never come and you should...

"he will come" I screamed at his face, I don't know why I was so angry. I was always angry.

"hey! Ali Umer?" Abdullah was about to react when somebody called our names and I got extremely afraid... was it a teacher? Maybe we were grounded....

I slowly turn and to my relief it wasn't some teacher or any staff member... not among those I know in school. He was a tall broad man, with a beard and a smile.

"Hi! How are you two?" he pointed down at us with a broad grin and I nodded my head before me and Umer exchanged a glance.

"is he your father?" I heard Abdullah at my back, for a moment I wanted to lie and say yes...

"No. Am actually a friend, your daddy got stuck in a meeting at office so he asked me to hand you two this for your results" he extended a couple of chocolate packs towards us. I frowned down at it...

Who was he? Why would he lie? Or maybe daddy has actually sent him..... really?

"come on! Have it" he urged us to take the chocolates but my brain refused to take them and before I could understand Umer held the packets, the stranger smiled...