Chapter 6

(Leslie's POV)
"Damn you, you cowardly dragon." Altez pushes his knife closer to the princess's neck. I could do nothing. I had to follow Altez where ever he went and obey his every word no matter what it was.
"Now Leslie talking to me like that will only bring more pain to the princess."
"The only pain I will bring is to you." I elbow Altez in the stomach, grab the princess, and ran out of the cave holding the princess bridle style. I did not see Altez fall to the ground for I was already out of the cave, I heard Altez roar my name, and I could feel his anger as he flew out of the top of the cave. Looking at him I tried to think quickly, the princess turned to me and said,
"There is a ledge about a mile away."
"What? A ledge?" I than had an idea hit me if I could get her there and have my carriage at the bottom she can get away. "Alright where is it?"
"Run around that corner." She instructed, I ran around the corner and saw a path I ran down the path but I could hear Altez flying in the sky searching for us. I saw the princess look back at the cave and to the sky every time she heard Altez roar. His roar sounded like a pack of wolves and a heard of lions. We would run in the bushes every time we heard his roar close enough to us. "Leslie, we can't keep going like this." The princess said out of breath, I would carry her when she was out of breath.
"Your right, I thought you said the ledge was a mile away."
"I thought it was but we already ran 3 miles."
"I'm sorry my princess but I promised your uncle that I'd get you home." I picked her up when I heard Altez leave the area we where in, and ran as fast as I could. There were many twist and turns but could see a ledge. Just a little further. Before I could take one more step we were blocked by Altez, he was in full dragon form. I could not run past him he was bigger than 3 castles. Putting the princess down I prepare for battle, "RUN YOUR HIGHNESS!" I yelled she hesitated "GO!" When I yelled she ran into nearby bushes. "Altez!" He looked at me his eyes full of disappointment and anger. "You wish to kill me do you not? Well I'm right here!" He starches he neck I could see the fire building up when he opened his mouth fire flew towards me. Luckily I rolled to right and the fire did not touch me. "Is that the best you could do!?" He grew furious and blew again. I again dodged his attack.
"What exactly are you doing?"
"Isn't it obvious, I'm beating you."
"Well let's take it to where I have the advantage." He moved his tail out of our path but just enough for one person to go without getting hit.
"YOUR HIGHNESS RUN!" I could see her look up, I signal her to move, she only looks at me than back to the opening and she runs under Altez's tail and jumps off the ledge.
"That was pretty stupid. She jumped off a ledge and left you, s-she is probably dead." He laughed, I smile at his false information. He looked shocked, than he moved his tail in my path but that did not stop me.