I Forgot Your Name. Can I Just Call You Mine? [4]

So, guys, everytime I don't upload for a while, I lose fans. It's kind of saddening and only makes me not want to upload sometimes, but now I want to upload, so this is for those who don't un-fan me :)

I Forgot Your Name. Can I Just Call You Mine?

~Ashton~

 I would like to say that the school day passed normally. That I went to my classes, ate lunch, and hung out with Craig, like I do everyday. But, sadly, I could only say that if I wanted to lie. All day, people were coming up to me, asking me questions about Jesse, why I used slight profanity in the morning, and the occasional question about why I was crying on the bus ride here. Of course, I dodged all questions until I absolutely had to answer. And the only person that I felt like answering was Brian, the guy I had a crush on.

I had met Brian when I first started pre-school and had liked him ever since. He was cute, now and then, with shaggy blonde hair and saphire blue eyes. He won girls over easily, and even back then he had a crowd of girls around him. It was nap time and I had forgotten a pillow because I hadn't known we needed one. I was just standing there, helplessly, when Brian saw my problem. He laid out his Toy Story blanket on the floor and laid his matching pillow on top of it, then sat down and patted the spot next to him. I eyed him curiously before shrugging and laying down with him. We turned to face each other and he smiled at me, and ever since I've been totally, completely, and irrevocably in love with him.

But, of course, he hardly notices me. After that day, he started hanging out with different girls than me, and gained guys friends as well. Me, I met Craig and Taylor and.... our other friend. I can't think of her name anymore because it hurts to much to remember. Craig, Taylor, and I were the best of friends. We had pretty much all of the same classes together, until early on this year Taylor got expelled for fighting and she was moved into a school a few miles from here. We still got together on the weekends though.

Brian still smiles at me occasionally in acknowledgement, but it's more of a general smile, not really anything more. He probably forgot our nap time experience, anyway.

But today, he actually talked to me. For the first time, ever. He just walked up to me in the halls when I was talking to Craig.

"So what is with that Jesse kid?" Craig asked as he leaned against the locker next to mine, watching me take my books out of it that I needed.

I grabbed the History book and closed the locker, stacking my books into one arm on top of my binder and wiping my forehead. "I don't really know." I replied, leaning against my own locker.

"Are your parents really allowing that kind of guy to stay in your house? Don't they know that it's basically killing you inside, to have a city guy, of all people, come into your life after what happened to-"

"I know." I cut him off, and began walking away to my first class. "They probably know, too. But they're doing this to help out his parents. If I were them, I probably would've sent him away, too." I shook my head.

"So-" he cut himself off and stopped walking. I turned to see him staring with his mouth open at something in front of me so I turned and bumped straight into Brian.

I staggered back a little, and ended up dropping my books, and a few peices of paper scattered around the floor.

"I-I am so sorry!" I exclaimed, dropping to the floor immediately to pick up my things.

He smiled at me, bending down to help. "Don't be sorry, it was totally my fault." he replied in his southern drawl.

After I had stacked up my belongings again, I stood up straight, ruffling out my overalls. I stood up and saw him just staring at me. "So, I-" I cut myself off and turned around to walk in the other direction, when he called my name, making me turn back.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to calm my heart rate that was beating really fast just because he merely said my name.

He scratched the back of his neck as he stepped closer, until he was towering over me. "I was actually comin' to talk to you." he said, his breath blowing down my neck, making me shudder.

"R-really?" I stuttered again.

He nodded. "Yeah. I wanted to ask you somethin'."

"Um..." I racked my brain for a flirty response to that. "Ask away." Really? I mentally smacked myself. This gorgeous guy is standing right in front of you, and you can't even attempt to sound flirty? What the heck is wrong with you, Ashton?

He smiled, looking close to laughter. "I was just wonderin' if you...." Here goes. "-Know that guy Jesse?"

My heart sank, and I struggled to keep the smile on my face, but even putting all I could into it, I'm sure it still looked like a grimace. "Um, yeah, why?" I asked quietly.

"Well, some of the guys wanted to see if we could get him to join the football team. Someone suggested that maybe you knew him, from the argument y'all were seen havin' this mornin'-" I blushed, remembering my outburst that the whole school seemed to notice. "-so I volunteered to come talk to you. Could you relay the message back to him?"

I nodded, biting my lip. "Yeah, sure."

He smiled one last time and walked away. I stared at the back of his letterman jacket, with a cartoon yellow lion overlaying the blue material. He turned the corner, and I turned back to Craig, who had stayed silent for the whole conversation. I could tell he wanted to comfort me, ask if I was okay, so I just shook my head and grabbed his arm, steering him in the direction we had been going to before. "Let's get to class, Fluffy." I said, making him laugh, and he let me drag him to our first period.

~Jesse~

I watched the encounter with Ashton, and some boy I had come to know as Brian. For some reason, I already strongly disliked the guy. When I saw them talking, I felt an unfamiliar pang in my chest, which I thought was the toughest thing I'd felt. Then, I saw the look in Ashton's eyes as she stared at Brian, and my heart twisted and dropped in my chest. She had a crush on him. It was obvious. Brian said something that made Ashton frown, and I felt fury build up in me. He was upsetting her. I wanted to go over there and teach him a lesson, but by the time I could see more than just red from my fury, he turned the corner and I watched Ashton walk away with Craig.

Later that day, after the bus dropped us off and I prised the girls off me, I dragged Ashton behind the hosue to talk alone.

"Let go of me!" she shouted, smacking my hand off her arm.

I ignored her slapping and placed my hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked softly. At the moment, I couldn't even bring myself to care that I was breaking down my bad boy facade.

Her hardened eyes softened and she spoke quitely. "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I saw you talking with Brian."

Her eyes widened. "Uh, yeah. He just wanted to know if I could ask you if you wanted to be on the football team."

"No." I said immediately.

"You're not even gonna think about it?" she asked.

"What's to think about? Back home I was on the hockey team. 'Sides, most of the guys I met from the team today seem like assholes."

She cracked a smile. "You seem to be pickin' up southern words, Mr. Bad Boy."

I smiled back. "Yeah, you're rubbing off on me." I said, elbowing her in the side as we walked back to the front of the house.

We laughed together, and things seem to change.

We didn't seem to be pissed at each other.

Wonder how long that'll last.

I don't know why, but I kinda like this chapter ;D It was longer than the others, and they weren't entirely pissed. Plus, Brian seemed kinda sweet ;D Oooh, competition xD Anyway, Vote, Comment, Fan, ETC!! :D Please and thanks!!