I saw my friends sitting at a table next to all the food and drinks. Walking over to greet them, I noticed that Ally was not there. She is one of the girls I have been hanging out with ever since we moved here from Cali. Her boyfriend Jake was at the table though. Not thinking much about it I said hi.

"Hey! Alex what's up" My best friend Karla said. She was sitting next to her steady boyfriend Logan. He looked dizzy and I wondered if he was drunk. Jake got up and walked over to the horror house obviously bored.

"I'm good. But what's with Logan? Is he ok?"

"Actually he is drunk. I caught him with his friends. He said he had a couple beers. I think he'll be fine, just a little dizzy." She said, confirming my thoughts. Karla was actually very pretty. With her gold hair, gray eyes and skinny middle the majority of girls envied her. The gown she was wearing was blood red. Silver and sparkly, her metal tiara was glimmering off the colored lights that cast shadows in the corners of the room. Logan was supposed to be her prince, I assumed, for he was wearing a blood red vest that matched her dress, an off white puffed shirt, and tights.

"I'm actually just fine!" Logan announced to the table in a heavy slurred speech. Apparently, this frightened him because he winced when he heard his voice.

"Just shut up and relax!" Karla ordered him.

I thought something felt wrong here, but I couldn't figure out why. I just left it.

Then I saw her, Ally I mean, she was at a marked trash bin vomiting. She must have gone through the ugly horror show. But it can't be that scary, could it? Then I heard the sirens. The agonized screaming of the ambulance, it was all I could hear, for everything else had fallen silent. Out side of the window the pitch black night was suddenly stained red and blue, throbbing like the heart that must have been once in here but had stopped. A scream, another, something had happened, something horrible.

2

"There, he's right there oh my god there is no blood at all. And two holes in his throat." I heard someone tell the ambulance technicians. It must have been Jake, Ally's BF. Nobody else was having acute nervous emesis. So it must have been him. I needed to get her to the hospital if it got any worse.

I walked over to her, "It was Jake, wasn't it?"

"Ya." She said. "One minute we were walking through the show, and he... he laid down on a table. I turned my back for two seconds and... he just wouldn't get up. I shook him and he still wouldn't get up. Then his head rolled over in my direction, and I saw his eyes. Those dead unblinking eyes showing his last minutes in their agony." After she had emptied her stomach of it contents she was wailing and shaking so hard she could have gotten whip lash. I took her and hugged her so fiercely that I thought I could break her in half. Poor, poor Ally, I can't believe this had happened to her.

I called her a cab to take her home; I knew she couldn't drive in this condition.

"Can you believe that this could ever happen in a small town like this?" I Asked Karla.

"Do I have to?" She said not wanting to think this was happening. Like it was all just a dream.

"I think you do." As I was saying this the doors opened for the first time since the ambulance left. Every one was still too shocked to go any where and the only people who opened that door were the people coming inside. Not paying attention I just kept talking, "And what did that, they drained all the blood from him."

She just ignored me, staring at the people who had entered the gym just a few moments ago.

"Karla!" I yelled to try and get her attention. She just pointed towards the door, more likely at the people at the door. I looked at the people at the door for the first time really.