Luke

"I play guitar, but she's in to drummers. She's seen my face around, but she doesn't even know my name."

You slow down as you walk by your brother, Michael's door when you hear him singing. You wait for him to continue, but you just hear the scratch of pencil on paper. You knock twice and peak your head in.

"Hey, that actually sounded like a song."

Michael looks up and grins at you.

"Thanks. Luke actually wrote it, but he's taking a break and he told me to take a shot at writing."

You nod and walk over to his desk and grab the paper. You glance over the lyrics nodding along with the best in your head.

"Sing it for me, dope." You say and smile at him.

He grins at you and sticks his tounge out at you before grabbing his guitar. He takes a pick and strums once before starting the song.

"She's dropping out of school cause she don't need the grades.
The colors in her hair don't seem to fade.
I get dressed up when I go our, but she gets dressed down.
She's seventeen, I told her I'm twenty.
I can't take her out cause moms got no money
It's stuff like this that makes me wish that I could change somehow.
Sitting here at home.
It's obvious,
She's so put of reach.
And I'm finding it hard cause she makes me feel she makes me feel.
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard again.
Cause I'm not being me.
And it's getting me down that
She makes me thinks she makes me think.
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again.
Cause I'm trying too hard again.
She's got a rose tattoo, but she keeps it covered.
I play guitar, but she's into drummers.
She's seen my face around, but she doesn't even know my name."

Michael stops and looks up at you.

"That's all I've got so far. Well, all that Luke's written."

You gnaw on you lip trying to think.

"How about," you pick up Michael's guitar and strum the chords trying to get a feel of the strumming pattern.

"I pierced my lip so she'll think I'm cool.
I ripped my jeans and dropped out of school.
I followed her around the town, but she thinks that I'm a weirdo now."

You stop singing and see that Michael's writing everything down. You set the guitar down.

"That's just an idea, you don't have to use it."

Michael looks up and shrugs.

"Like I can think of anything better."

Knock, knock, knock. You both look to the door Where Luke's standing awkwardly. You move away from Michael's desk and head to the doorway.

"Well, I guess I should let you guys get back to work."

You smile at Luke as you leave and he blushes.
That's weird, you think, it's just me why's he blushing?
You shake your head and dismiss the thought.

Later you're walking by Michael's room again when you hear arguing. You frown and knock on the door.

"What're you guys doing?"

You peek in and see Michael looking like he's about to punch Luke. You walk over to them and pull Luke's arm so he's standing. You pull him out of the room sensing obvious tension, and into the hall.

"Michael, what the fuck? Why are you so mad at him?"

Michael turns to face you and grabs your hands.

"Please tell me you'd never go for Luke."

You frown and yank your hands away.

"So what if I did?"

Michael shakes his head and head back into his room.

"Luke, I'm never allowing you to date my sister. Ever."

"But Michael you know I'm a good guy."

"That's just it. I know you, and I know what else you're capable of and I'm not risking my sister to you." Michael snaps. Luke frowns and glances from you to Michael and back again "Micha-"

"Don't you dare say it Luke," Michael cuts Luke off and walks across the room and shuts the door in your face. You stand shocked for a moment in silence before hearing more arguing through the door.

"Luke you can't like my sister! I won't allow it!" You hear Michael yell. "You don't control your sister or me! She probably doesn't even like me, so why do you care so much?" Luke yells back. Silence...
After a while you can't stand the silence anymore. You're about to knock when you hear them talking again. "I don't want to see her get hurt..." Michael's voice is barely above a whisper. "I know," Luke replies "and she won't... as long as I'm there to protect her."

You hear Michael sigh and then footsteps walking towards the door. You panic and try to remind your body you need to move, but your feet seem to have forgotten how to move and you're still standing in the doorway when Michael opens the door. "UH, HI." You say too loudly. "(Y/N)?" Michael frowns and Luke blushes behind him.

"How-uh-long have you been standing there?" Luke asks. You feel blush creep up on your face as you stare at Luke and Michael. "Ummm, not too long?" You reply knowing the blush on my cheeks gives me away. "How much did you he-" Michael starts to ask but You cut him off. "I like you too, Luke!" You exclaim. You can't tell who's more shocked, Luke or Michael. "You do?" Luke asks his face breaking into joy, but Michael's face is the exact opposite. "What the hell, (y/n)!" I thought you were smarter than this!" Michael storms away leaving you and Luke alone standing in Michael's doorway.

"Were those lyrics you wrote about me?" You ask Luke. He blushes and nods "I didn't think you'd ever hear them..."

You smile "It sounds amazing. You're really talented."

Luke smiles and glances in your eyes then you see his eyes flick down to your lips then back up to your eyes. You get the hint and start to lean in and see him do the same. "Will you go out with me (y/n)?" Luke asks causing you to pause. "Of course," You press your lips against his and savor the kiss.

I FINALLY WROTE ANOTHER IMAGINE IM SO HAPPY. i hope ya'll like this one it kinda sucks, but i hope you like it. If you haven't already you should check out my book Cuts and Stitches. Anyways I hope you're having a great day/night!

Stay Beautiful Everyone <3