❁Smile❁

Marinette slumped low in her seat, bored half to death with her history teacher's monotonous voice. He was talking about The French Revolution, but everyone who had ever seen Les Mis already knew all about that. Well, kind of.

Alya was evidently bored, too. She was making small origami fortune tellers, or at lest trying to. Alya wasn't exactly the most discreet person in the universe, and the constant crumpling of paper from her seat was enough to alert any reasonable teacher that a student wasn't paying attention.

Marinette let out a silent sigh, just waiting for the clock to reach 3:00. Then she could go home.

It was actually kind of funny: the famous superhero Ladybug, who led an extremely exciting life fighting crime, was having a horribly mundane day at school.

Speaking - or thinking - of Ladybug, Marinette couldn't help but wonder who her companion, Chat Noir, really was behind his mask. Marinette knew that, while it seemed like an easy thing to figure out, the Miraculouses that she and Chat Noir wore distorted their features, so anyone figuring out who the two young superheroes really were was impossible. Unless, of course, they purposely revealed themselves.

That got Marinette thinking. She loved having the haze of mystery surrounding her as Ladybug, but oh how Marinette suddenly wanted to reveal her identity to Chat Noir. She felt that she could trust him, now. Really, really trust him.

Marinette was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even realize that the school day was over until Alya was shaking her shoulder, as if to wake Marinette up from a dream.

"Earth to Marinette," Alya said, causing Marinetts to hop out of her seat almost instantly. Alya jumped back not in surprise, but to protect herself from Marinette's chair that had just flown backwards.

"Woah, no need to do that!" Alya said.

Marinette blushed. "Sorry," she said sheepishly. "I didn't mean to do that."

"I know, you were lost in your thoughts," Alya brushed it off. "You were thinking about some ridiculously handsome guy. We've all been there."

More heat rose to Marinette's cheeks. Chat Noir was rather good looking, now that she thought about it. But the two were just friends, nothing more. Marinette didn't even like Chat Noir like that. Right?

Right?

As Alya and Marinette were walking out of school, Alya talking about some crazy conspiracy theory about Ladybug's identity, the two girls encountered Chloe, who had surrounded a brunette girl.

"Oh, come on. Harry Potter? Only losers and nerds still read books," Chloe taunted, pulling the young-looking girl's book out of her hands.

"Hey, give it back!" the girl demanded, lunging forward to grab the large book that Chloe had ripped from her hands.

"Why would I?" Chloe snickered. "The way I see it, I'm doing you a favor. You won't ever have any friends if you read." And, with one flick of her wrist, Chloe threw the large book in the trash.

The brunette girl's face dropped, and she began to weep. "You jerk!" the girl shouted. "That was my favorite book in the world!" With a sob, the brunette ran away from the school.

"Hey, Chloe!" Marinette yelled at the snooty blonde. "That's not a cool thing to do."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Like you know anything about cool," she said. "You're a walking disaster when it comes to popularity and coolness."