XIV: First Encounter

Sesshomaru

A crow.

I noticed its faint aura from the moment I laid my eyes on it back at the village.

We had only been a few hours out of the village, and it was still following us. 

Jaken himself noticed the crow too. I felt his worried gaze looking at me, expecting me to do something. Usually I would have killed the bird right away, but I was curious. 

Jaken stayed by Rin's side the entire time, getting her whatever she needed. Rin slept half of the time, and had just recently woken up. 

"Lord Sesshomaru! There's a village up ahead!" Rin called out. I glanced to my right, and sure enough, at the end of the valley was a small village.

"Oh yes!! Food!" Jaken shouted out excitedly.

"Lets rest there for the day!" Rin said.

I heard fumbling behind me as I turned around, eyes widening as I watched Rin crawl off of A-un.

"Rin, what are you doing?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

I was beside her in an instant when she tripped and nearly fell on her face. I frowned when she tried to pull away from my hold. 

"Its alright, Lord Sesshomaru. I can walk." She assured me, looking up at me with those bright brown eyes.

I gave her a final look before letting her go.

I watched her carefully as she took a few wobbling steps forward, a determined look on her face.

I shot Jaken a displeased glare when I saw that he had a hold on Rin's leg, trying to help her walk.

"See! I'm good." She gave me a thumbs up with a happy grin on her face.

Mhm.

-

Tatsuo

I watched her through the eyes of the crow.

She is a beautiful human. I was impressed with my two idiots of siblings for hurting her as much as they did. 

I placed my hand over the golden saber, feeling it hum against my skin. It felt my emotions, fed off of them, and it was pleased with what I was seeing.

Yes.. It likes her. She is perfect.

But that Lord Sesshomaru, he would be a problem. Just as I barely managed to nearly kill him, I had exceeded my limit. If not for that, he would be dead by now.

I should have used the saber on him, turned him human, make him my slave. But what's the fun in that when you could take the girl he cares for the most, feed her soul to the saber, and revive her as a demon? And not only would she be gifted power from the saber, but she would be the strongest priestess to live.

And she would be my puppet.

Now, I liked that idea more.

"Number 38!"

My clone appeared in a cloud of black smoke, covered in a black cloak.

"Yes, my lord?"

"They're heading to the village of sorrows as I speak. Intercept them. Find out what Sesshomaru is going after."

"Yes, my lord."

"Begone. Be prepared for the trap. We must not fail."

And then he was gone from my sight as I let out a sinister laugh.