[MBW]- Chapter 11.

Start from the beginning

I stopped thinking about Ethan because it was slowly becoming a problem and that was another thing that I did not need. At all.

"Charlotte." I held out my hand and shook his hand.

"And if it's any consolation, I think it's a pretty cute name."

Oh, hell, I wasn't above a little flirting.

"Well, my phone number's even cuter...at least my temporary one while I'm in America," He winked.

I was taken aback by his forward nature. Normally, the guys I was around were only straight forward when they had gotten a few dates out of me.

"I don't know...I don't even know you." I said, skeptically.

He was hot, obviously, but exchanging numbers with someone I met two seconds ago was a little out of my comfort zone.

"So? That's the point. Get to know me and that can be done by getting my number. I'm not asking you to date me. But, I want to brag to people that I made a gorgeous American friend. Just friends?" He argued.

He put up a good fight. He had no idea that I was only here for a couple of days, which was probably his case, too. Maybe, we could find some time to do something. Internally, I knew I wouldn't do anything but I might as well tempt him. And, if Vanessa were here she would smack me on the head and tell me to just grab the frickin' opportunity.

I sighed and let out a tiny smile,

"Fine. Only because you have some solid persuasion skills."

He pumped his fist in the air and I laughed at his childish antics. It felt good to laugh, once in a while.

_____

I was in the middle of drying my hair when Vanessa sauntered into the room looking a whole lot better than a few hours ago.

"Turn that off, please. My head still hurts like a bitch," She said and made a face at me.

Guess her appearance wasn't something to be fooled by then.

"Stop being a diva!" I teased but did put away the equipment knowing first hand how bad headaches are.

She mock laughed at me before settling on my bed,

"You didn't reply to my texts. Are you still mad at me?"

"Of course not, Vanessa. You know I can't stay angry at you for longer than two minutes. I'm the biggest damn victim to your puppy eyes. Besides, my phone died and it was being charged."

It wasn't a total lie. After finding my phone, it did have low battery but I did see many messages. Not doing anything about them was my way to avoid Taylor and the million messages he had sent me asking whether he was with me last night or if I remembered something. Unfortunately, I remembered way too much for my liking.

"Love you too, you little bitch. I just wanted to remind you that your appointment is today for your rehearsal dress fitting," I stopped playing with my hair and looked at her, shocked.

"Shit. I totally forgot about that! Ugh, I had a reminder set and everything."

I grabbed my phone and in the middle of the swarm of messages lay the reminder for the appointment.

I had to get the dress today and make sure it fits well since the rehearsal dinner was tomorrow. And, the dress I had picked out wasn't available in the NYC boutique but they had thankfully found a way to design it quick enough for me to get it from here.

As I marked the stupid reminder as complete, I saw a text from an unknown number and laughed when I saw the text.

From: Unknown

To: Charlotte

Hey, Charlotte. It's Boss. Hugo Boss.

I sent him a quick reply, a smile still playing on my lips.

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that? Who's the guy?" Vanessa interrogated, a look of excitement on her face. She was far too invested in my love life.

"How do know if it's even a guy?" I said the slight pitch change in my voice giving it away that she was correct.

So much for being a good liar.

"Fine. Don't tell me, I'll find out eventually." She winked and I had no doubt she would find out somehow.

I rolled my eyes at her belief that she was Sherlock or something.

"I haven't found Ryan Reynolds or anything. It's just this guy I met on the beach...who wants to be friends." I added for extra measure.

"Mmhmm. That's what they all say." She giggled, pleased with herself.

"Shut up before I turn the hair dryer on again." I threatened.

Now, it was my turned to be pleased since she looked offended and threw one of the pillows at me.

"Rude! Anyway, you need to take Taylor with you. His tux needs to be collected from there, too." My heart dropped when she said that and felt a familiar nervous knot form in my stomach again.

"You're kidding, right? I told you he confessed to me. It's going to be so awkward. Please tell me I'm taking other people too— like your sisters!" I exclaimed and sat next to her on the bed.

She winced and rolled her lips in her mouth,

"Sorry! My mom's taking them tomorrow because their stuff isn't done. I would come but I need to have dinner with Aiden's grandparents and they have dinner super early!"

I groaned and placed my head on her shoulder as she apologized again. It wasn't her fault that somehow all our clothes would have to be collected at this one place. 

It was also a huge overreaction on my part. I would have to confront him some day. He was a part of the wedding and he was a part of my life. I needed to stop being a coward. I needed to stop running away from the thought of someone having feelings for me that were deeper than an attraction.

"I'll take Ethan!" I grinned as the idea came to me.

So much for not being a coward.

_____