Chapter Sixteen

Briefly edited... excuse the mistakes.

---(This line is called Frankadoodle... Named by ragingtiger0404)---

Theo let go of a hefty sigh as soon as they crossed onto his territory. He finally had Candy safe and sound, "It's been a long day," Theo wrapped an arm around Candy's shoulders, "straight to bed for us." Candy replied with a loud yawn and Theo just chuckled.

They walked in a comfortable silence to Theo's home. They had stopped at a human village on the way, visiting a small restaurant to get dinner, so they could go straight to bed. "Yes, Alpha," she giggled at him and he gently nudged her side.

"I thought I said no statuses?" Theo chuckled as he opened the door.

"You say a lot of things, to a lot of people," Candy winked as she stepped into the house, "What happened here?" She gasped as she looked at the chaotic arrangement of furniture. Chairs on their sides; the table in two pieces.

"Nothing..." Theo trailed off as he casually led them upstairs. They stopped in front of Candy's room and Theo pulled Candy towards him – pecking her on the lips, "Good night," he started to release her but noticed the bruising on her forehead. How could I have missed all this? He thought as he saw the various wounds. "Who did this?"

"My father," she bit her lip.

"I'm sorry," He looked at her with such pain Candy couldn't understand, "I wasn't there to protect you."

"It's okay,"

"No, it's not. I said you were safe from him here!"

"But I wasn't here, though, was I? So you are not to blame," she smiled and pecked him before entering her room, "Good night."

"Good night," He smiled as she closed the door. Candy instantly got ready for bed and flopped onto the cosy mattress, tucking herself under the duvet. Sleep consumed her instantly.

Candy looked around her. She was in a room of mirrors, but there were no reflections. However, there was someone looking back at her in one mirror. Her? No, not her, but her twin sister. "It would have been nice to know you," Candy smiled at her and she returned it. However, it was short-lived as the mirror cracked – her sister disappearing also. It was a sharp reminder that her sister was gone... dead.

Candy was about to turn around, but the mirror in front of her shattered and a dark abyss laid on the other side. Before she could blink, a figure... her father, emerged from the abyss, "Thought you could escape me?" he sneered out a nasty chuckled. "Well, you thought wrong!"

Within an instant his rotting hand was around her neck, squeezing the life out of her body. Candy was screaming, but she couldn't hear herself, only the evil shouts of her father. "Candy!" She felt as if there were no more air in her lungs, "Candy!" Her body felt heavy – like she was turning to sand at the sight of her father's eyes.

"Candy!" She felt someone shake her shoulders, "Are you okay? I heard you screaming, so I came in... and now you're crying." Candy hadn't noticed the tears streaming down her face, and she hadn't noticed he was only in his boxers.

"I-It was my f-father," she sobbed and Theo wrapped his strong arms around her.

"Shh... it's okay, you're safe now," he held her until she stopped crying. "Better?"

"Better," she smiled at him.

They looked at each other intensely for goodness knew how long. Theo's eyes flickered down to her lips. Before they flickered back to her eyes, Candy connected their lips. They fought for dominance with their tongues, but Candy was no match for Theo. Soon Candy was beneath Theo as they continued to kiss. Their bodies were tangled together as the kiss became both hungry and rough. Candy was all too aware of the growing tent in Theo's boxers as he grinded himself on her leg. Candy could also feel herself getting heated.