Chapter 10

I've never been to the temple before yet I can feel the force instructing me where to go. I exit the perimeter of the base and in front of me lies a massive forest. As I enter it the world gets a little bit quieter being away from civilization. I hear the sound of water running as I continue walking and I come upon a beautiful stream; the water would probably reach up to my belly button. I follow the stream up until it is shallow enough for me to cross. I continue walking through the forest when I feel a strange feeling deep inside of me, I can't pinpoint just what it is that I am feeling, therefore, I decide to ignore for now. Soon enough I reach the clearing of the forest where a big hill lies in front of me. I can barely make out a structure at the top of it, it must be the Jedi Temple. The hill is long and tall, though there looks to be an old run-downed path leading to the top. It takes about ten minutes for me to arrive, and when I finally do, I spot a pedestal in the center of the room. I would think a Jedi's weapon would be better protected until I looked down and realized that surrounding the pedestal is a dark pit, making the saber out of reach for a normal human. There seems to be some sort of writing engraved on the side, it reads:

For those who come upon this have conquered a long journey...

You have arrived where the sky touches the earth...

However only one may succeed in the acquisition of this saber of light...

The one in which those passed have called upon...

(I know it doesn't rhyme XD)

I think it means that only one can use the force to call this lightsaber to its aid. Luke did tell me of this lightsaber and I could feel it's force pulling me here, so it must be me. I must try.

"Do or do not young one, there is no try." A mysterious voice says.

I turn my head and before me stands the spirits of three figures. "Master Yoda?" I question looking down at the little green creature before me. The figure nods its head. "Luke has told me much about you and how you trained him in the force along with Obi-Wan Kenobi." I look over at the two figures standing next to him, one with beautiful curly hair to his shoulders, like Ben's except brown, and the other one with short hair and a beard. "You must be Ben's grandfather, Anakin Skywalker." "Yes, I am," Anakin says in return. I finally glanced over at the last figure, "And you're Obi-Wan my..." "Grandfather," he interrupted and smiled. "Yes." I smile. "Rey, we have come to warn you about what lies ahead," Obi-Wan says. "My grandson spells trouble Rey, but you must save him. You as well as I know he can be saved from the forces of the Dark Side. You believe he has light and can be saved when no one else does. You mustn't give up on him. If Luke didn't believe in me, I would not be where I am before you today, he helped me remember I was not meant for the Dark Side and still had light deep down inside of me," Anakin explains. "Rey, you are a strong and powerful young Jedi with the force as an aid, you are capable of this task," Obi-Wan tells me. "Patience you must have. Worry do not. Fear is the path to the dark side...fear leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering," Yoda says. "Yes, Master Yoda." "Do not worry Rey I know you will not fail this task," Obi-Wan says with another smile. It is already dark outside and I start to get rather sleepy from my long adventure today. The last thing they all say before they disappear back into thin air is, "May the Force be with you Rey."

I decided it would be best to rest now so I will have all of my strength for tomorrow and try for the lightsaber then. I would hate for it to fall into the pit because my force pull isn't strong enough cause of how tired I am. I lay down on a bench on one of the sides of the temple; the night sky alive with thousands of beautiful stars is all I see before my vision is enveloped in black as I drift off into sleep.

I awake to the warm rays of light from the sunrise beating down on my face. Morning came quicker than I hoped, yet now all of my energy has been restored and I am ready for the mission that lies before me. Now that I am fully rested I walk back over towards the pedestal with the lightsaber seated on top. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to concentrate before I open them once again. I reach my hand out towards the lightsaber, and using the force, I to call it to me. At first, the lightsaber only shakes a little, then as my concentration increases the lightsaber springs from the pedestal and lands in the palm of my hand. I smile, they were right, this lightsaber did belong to me. I attach the lightsaber to my belt and head out of the temple to start my journey home. When I exit the temple I can't help but take in the beautiful view around me. I didn't notice it on my way here, but from way up here you can see the ocean on one side of the hills and the resistance base past the forest on the other. And that's when I see it.. figures in the sky advancing towards the resistance base. It's...its... TIE Fighters and one giant ship in the middle of it all! The whole First Order fleet arrived a day early and I'm not even there to help...