Chapter 8: Presents & Money

-Hajime P. O. V.-

"So, what do we do now?" Hiro asked.

Izuru's face flashed on a monitor in the church. "Oh, sorry. One last thing. Each of you Jabberwock kids still get to sleep in your cottages, but you have to bunk with one of the Hope's Peak kids. The rest of you can sleep at the motel. Here's the sleeping arrangements."

"Hajime and Makoto.

Chiaki and Kyoko.

Kazuichi and Yasuhiro.

Akane and Hina.

Twogami and Byakuya.

Sonia and Celeste/Taeko.

Nekomaru and Kiyotaka.

Fuyuhiko and Mondo.

Peko and Sakura.

Mahiru and Mukuro.

Hiyoko and Junko.

Nagito and Leon.

Mikan and Sayaka.

Teruteru and Hifumi.

Ibuki and Toko.

Gundham and Chihiro.

Also, to answer any other lingering questions. Chiaki is human, no longer an AI, for her and Hajime's enjoyment. I'll also be doing morning and nighttime announcements, but I won't be judging the trials. You'll see what happens later. Anyway, you should all go to your cottages and your rooms. I left each of you a special present!"

The screen flashed off, but we were already running towards our cottages. Though, I had his words lingering in my head.

What did he mean, "for my enjoyment?" I understand why Chiaki would enjoy it, she gets to hang out with us again. What did he mean? (I'll be using italics to display their thoughts.)

When we arrived at the hotel, I could already hear excited screams, mostly from Ibuki, coming from their cottages. Makoto and I entered ours and found that there was another bed, exactly the same as mine against another wall of the room. I assume that's Makoto's bed. Each bed had a present, wrapping paper, bow and all, sitting on it. I went over to mine, Makoto then figuring out which bed was his, went over to his box.

I unwrapped the box and found something that made me very happy.

"Kusamochi!" (Pictured above) I pulled out the sweet and started eating it right away, being hungry from not having anything to eat on the island. After eating it, I noticed a small money pouch in the box and picked it up. I noticed my name sewed on it. It felt like something was inside, so I looked and found some Monocoins, 100 to be exact. I guess these are for the supermarket, the vending machine, and the Monomono Machine.

"Hey Makoto, what did you get?"

"What?" The hopeful kid was eating a small bowl of curry.

"Was that all that was in your box?"

"No." He held up a money pouch, similar to mine, but this one had his name on it. "I got 100 Monocoins."

I nodded. "Me too. I also got some kusamochi. I guess our presents was our favorite foods and some money."

He shrugged. "I guess so."

"Everybody is probably going to go to the restaurant after this. Might as well go." Makoto said, practically out the door already.

I went after him. As we left, we ran into someone.

"Hajimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Ibuki screamed happily. "Wasn't that Izuru guy's gift amazing!? Ibuki got brand new guitar!"