The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 19 ]

Start from the beginning

I just wanted it to be over.

God please, please end this.

God, please protect Reece Carter.

At that moment, I heard someone fall over and grunt in pain. I heard someone’s fist collide with the other person’s face repeatedly. I heard one of them wince in pain.

Suddenly, the only thing I could hear was one person’s heavy breathing…and I prayed to the Heavens and Earth that André hadn’t won.

The person’s warm hands held mine gently as they tried to uncover my face. On the verge of tears, I met dark green eyes.

“Reece,” My voice was barely audible, almost instinctively, I buried my face in his chest.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Reece whispered as he wrapped his arms around me protectively. “It’s all over, Chloe.”

Sometimes, you begin to truly think about something after it’s over.

I brought my head back up to his face to look at him. I watched as a bead of sweat trickled down his temple and locked jaws…I watched as his pink lips parted as he breathed steadily though his mouth…I gazed at his eyebrows that were creasing in confusion…and finally, I was mesmerized by his captivating eyes that held onto so much intensity, it consumed me.

He brought his hands up to my face and wiped a tear that had escaped. “C’mon, let’s get out of here.”

As we stood up, Reece flinched as he touched his stomach…we looked down to see that his black shirt had blood dripping from it. He slowly lifted his shirt and a gasp escaped my lips.

Reece was wounded.

“Ah, shit.” He winced as he tried to stand up straight.

“Reece, we need to get you to a hospital!” I cried as I tried to help him gain his balance.

“No. No hospitals.”

“Why not?”

“Because they’ll ask what happened and I cant risk getting the police involved.” He shook his head as if remembering a bad memory, “No, no more Police.”

For the first time since the fight had ended, I noticed André’s unconscious body lying on the ground. A shiver ran down my spine, I knew he wasn’t dead but nevertheless, I didn’t want Reece to get into any trouble because of me.

“Then lets go back to my place.”

His head whipped up at superhuman speed, “Are you trying to get into my pants?”

I froze in shock, “W-WHAT?”

Reece looked stunned, “Oh God, you’re a sexual predator.”

“W-Whoa, what the Hell are you tal-”

“- I’m not that kind of guy, Chloe. I’m not going to go back to your house to 'check out your stereo' or your 'stamp collection'.”

“Reece! What the heck?! Are you craz-”

“I need TCC first.”

“What’s TCC?”

“Trust, Comfort and Connection.” Reece replied seriously.

I slapped him across the face.

“My parents are both doctors, idiot.”

~*~

Driving as fast as I could, with a crimson blush that never left my cheeks, I got Reece to the front porch of my house. The keys quivered in my trembling hands as I unlocked the door. All the lights were off and I groaned. My parents were out.