A Human in the I Taskforce?! I don't think so - 4

Start from the beginning

I love you Vi...

VICTORIA POV

I got changed into a silk nightdress, locked my door and went to bed. I willed myself not to remember, prayed that I wouldn't have nightmares... but God never listens to me.

'My my what do we have here?'

I lay on my stomach, remains of my dress clinging to my skin. There had been too many.. too many hunters... I couldn't deal with them all... At least I was alive. They had left me for dead. The man towering over me I wasn't sure about. If he'd been a hunter, I would be dead.

'Go away...' I croaked. My throat felt like ash from where those damned hunters had poured holy water down it.

'That's no way to treat a noble,' the man laughed, turning me over with his foot. I was still bleeding from the stomach wound, though it had mostly healed already. I was covered where it mattered by what was once a stunning dress.

'I don't answer to human authority,' I spat, literally, on his shinny black shoes.

'How interesting,' he smirked. 'Guards, take this girl to my estate, have her cleaned up and chained to the bed in the guest bedroom.'

My eyes widened in terror. I didn't have the strength to fight him in this condition. Lord what is he going to do to me... No, I shouldn't ask you Lord. You have forsaken me a long time ago.

He plunged the knife into my shoulder, laughing when I screamed in pain. Agony ripped through my body, but the human relished in it. No... not human... he was more demon than I will ever be...

Then he stared undoing his belt. I froze, barely breathing. No... not that... anything but that... he climbed on top of me...

I woke up screaming.

Fear washed through me, wave after wave of absolute terror. My room was dark... the door burst open, right off it's hinges and horror racked through my entire being. It was him... it had to be him...

I sprung from the bed, terror choking off any sound and all of my thought. I sprinted to the window, throwing it open.

Get out... I have to get out... I have to get away...

Something caught my waist. Him... I screamed again, clawing at the arm.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed in terrified anguish.

He jerked me back into the room, and onto the floor...no no please no... I fought as he tried to pin my arms. NOT AGAIN! I WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN!

I threw out an arm, hitting him under the jaw. He flew off me and I scrambled to my feet, running for the door. I ran faster. I didn't know where I was going, I didn't care. Something was wrong... this wasn't that man's manor... but I didn't care. Terror had stolen all of my reason and all I could do now was run.

I made it down the hall. The guards weren't coming for me yet. I ran straight into a stone wall. It was a wall that shouldn't have been there...

"Victoria calm down." I froze. No, wait, I know that voice. I turned slowly. Justin was staring at me, eyes calm, but worried.

"But-" I choked out.

"Dream," he told me sternly. "It was just a dream."

"But he came after me!" I cried. "He grabbed me!"

"That was Nick," he told me calmly. "Everyone is in your room now."

"I-" I fell to my knees. Justin turned around and walked back down the hall. Probably to get the others... no, I didn't want them to see me like this. I tried to get up, but my legs just wouldn't hold me.

I crawled to the wall and leaned against it, holding my knees.

'Are you okay with us coming over?'

'I'm fine.'

Seconds later, I heard them stop in front of me. No one knew what to do.

"Is Nick okay?" I asked in a low, dead voice.

"I'm fine," he told me. "No harm done."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

He dropped to the floor beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I let him do it, I needed comfort right now.

"I'm sorry," I whispered again.

"It's fine Vi," he sighed. "It was just a nightmare."

"Victoria?" Matt knelt in front of me. I looked up at him, but only raising my head enough so he could see my eyes. "I'm so sorry, but I have to ask... how much of that dream was real?"

I stiffened, feeling my eyes go dull as I looked at him. I knew that my eyes was enough to show him, but I felt like I had to put it into words.

"All of it."