Chapter 1 Lifes not always ordinary

Today was just another day...or so I thought little did I know everything would change for me in a matter of minutes.....

It started off as a normal day going to work at the bakery/café. I had just pulled five cakes and two trays of cupcakes from the oven and I was getting them ready so I could decorate them. Decorating cakes was always my favorite part of working at this bakery it was like drawing and painting for me and to see the customers faces when they see them always made my day. After they cooled down enough I put on the radio and started humming along while mixing up some frosting.

After a few minutes I couldn't contain myself and I started singing full on along too Jolene by Dolly Parton . "With flaming locks of auburn hair with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green, your smile is like a breath of spring your voice is soft like summer rain and I can not compete with you Jolene" I kept singing until I hit the best part of the song "Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene I'm begging of you please don't take my my man. Jolene, Jolene, Jolene,Jolene Please don't take him just because you can" once I finished I heard some one applaud. I turned to look at the person standing before me with two sleeves of tattoos, black slicked back hair and a face full of piercings. "You've got some vocal chords on you" he said sounding shocked "ummm yeah I guess" I looked back at the cake I was decorating and finished the icing. "Have you ever thought about making a career out of it?" "No not really I've never even thought about it I've never had voice lessons so I never really thought I'd make it as a singer" he shrugged his shoulders and nodded "well how would you like to give it a try? But before you answer can you make a growl/raspiness in your voice?" "I've never really tried but I can try if you'd like" he stood there with arms crossed over his chest while I started to sing Its a mans world. "Stop" he said holding up his hand. Jeez was I that bad? "So?" I questioned. "You swear you've never had a vocal lesson in your life?" "Yeah why was I that bad?"... "No you were amazing, My name is Adam and I run a record company for the rock industry. I'm putting together a band called "The Broken Missfits" I'm looking for a lead vocalist and I was wondering if you're interested?" What do i say can I really leave this small town in Texas to become a rock singer? It's not like I have family to worry about since my mom and dad were killed in a car wreck when I was 10 and my grandparents don't care about me anymore.
But I never was interested in rock music I barely had gotten into it when I was 15 and it still wasn't something I listened to often and quite honestly I don't know many bands except the older ones. Could I do it?............

OK hi everyone I've never like actually used this app or published a story but I hope very one enjoys so yeah.... Sorry I'm an awkward person XD but I hope you like the story and continue reading!!