Regular_Guy - "Medusa's Wrath"

Name of Author: Regular_Guy

Title of book: Medusa's Wrath

Favorite Authors: Joseph Delaney, James Hadley Chase.

Bio: Hello there fellow Monster Hunters :) ) My name is Robeir, but I'm known as Regular Guy in Wattpad's Purgatory. I'm African, East African to be precise, so expect my stories to have some of Africa's finest mythical monsters at one point.

Can you explain what your book is all about?

My book is about Medusa. She belongs to a group of monsters known as Monster Mafia, who have set out to rule the world. But before that could happen, they would have to kill a family of well known Monster Hunters known as The Turners.

Can you explain what your book is all about?

My target audience is from teens and above. I like to write stories where everyone would enjoy. I hate niches.

What is 'paranormal' about your story?

There are a lot of Monsters. From the first chapter, where you meet a Cyclops and Gremlins, to the last where Medusa battle the Hunters. All my chapters have either monsters in them, or mentioned. There's a boy who was given the Ghost Rider curse. But my main highlight is the incredible Baron Samedi (To those who know him) He plays an important role in the story. The story is set in a fictional town known as Kasa Blanka, taking place in our modern world - there are a lot of modern culture references and even the first scene happens at a KFC.

Does it contain other genre elements, if so which ones - and why?

Yes, it has a lot action, because I can't imagine someone writing about monster hunting and not give us the best fight scenes between humans and monsters. There's also a bit of horror, humor and fantasy, though I'm still new at the latter, so I won't over do it.

Tell us about your writing process - how do you get from story idea to a Wattpad published story?

My writing process is simple. When I have an idea, I open a document on my laptop and type it down, and how the first ten chapters would look like - even though when I actually come to write it, it may be very different. Then when I'm done, I come to Wattpad and start writing it.

Did you encounter any challenges when writing, if so - how did you overcome them?

The biggest challenge to me is that I am my own worst critic, which most of the time would lead me to stop writing a story. But I've managed to handle it well over the last couple of months. My focus now is to finish my story, then work on the edits.

You often hear that 'writing well' is the baseline for success. What does that mean for you?

To me, when readers can understand and fall in love with what you're trying to tell them, then that's success already. The moment someone picks up your work and says the magical wedding words, "I do" then as a writer, you've succeeded.

One final question, this being the Paranormal genre: Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Hahaha, the only thing I've seen close to paranormal is the local witch doctors drinking the blood of a slaughtered cat, then pretending to be possessed by the ghost of the cat, who in turn, leads the witch to the location of women who have cast spells on their husbands to do their bidding.