Chapter 12 - The party Preparations

Chapter 12 – The party Preparations

“The first and most vital thing to remember—whatever you do—is to be yourself at least eighty percent of the time. That way, you won’t get stuck when trying to uphold a conversation,” Damien said.

Gabby looked up. A smile spread on her lips when she saw Peter taking notes of what Damien said—such a dork.

“Look at her frequently. Meet her eyes, glances, and etcetera. But don’t stare! If you do so, she’ll think you’re a pervert.” Damien tapped his chin. “Oh. And always keep your eyes above neckline. I get it, you want a look, but this way you’ll do better.”

Damien looked at Gabby, and she nodded her agreement.

“But, how will I even get to that point?” He frowned. “I mean… The actual contact and socializing point. In case you hadn’t noticed—I’m not really good with girls.”

“No shit, Sherlock.” Damien laughed.

Gabby smacked him on the arm. “Be nice.” She thought about Peter’s question. “Well first off. Stand up...”

Peter rose from the bed. “Okay?”

Gabby walked over to stand in front of him. “Remember what I said about your posture? Always remember to straighten your back. When you arrive, when you dance, when you walk—always.”

“Wait, dance?” Peter looked horrified.

“I’ll get to that in a moment. Look like you’re having fun with your friends—Damien and I are going to be there. So you can always talk to us. But,” Gabby said and raised her finger. “Remember to look like you could be doing literally anything else. Don’t be bored or excited—but a middle thing.”

“Okay. But how will I get to talk to her?”

“If you do as I say, girls will come to you. Of course, you’re going to turn them down, and seek out Danni. And when you do. Just open with a simple ‘hi’, okay?” Gabby smiled. “Do you want to try it out? I can help you.”

Peter nodded, and walked back to lean against the wall.

“I’ll show it first,” Damien said.

Gabby went back to the table to get her can of coke while waiting for Damien to walk out and come back in. When he finally entered the room again, he was looking bored.

With no emotion on his face, he walked over to grab his soda, leaning against the bed, looking around. Gabby could feel when his eyes landed on her, and the little hair on her arms stood up. She turned her head, meeting his eyes. They shared a smile before Damien started to saunter forward. It wasn’t too fast nor too slow—it was perfect.

A skewed smile played around his lips, but it wasn’t overdone. Gabby broke eye contact first, battering her eyelashes at Damien.

He stopped in front of her, with a big grin. “Hi!”

Tilting her head slightly, she looked at him before smiling back. “Hey there.”

“That’s the first sign she’s interested—if she keeps looking at you while saying hi. Other girls will turn their head or look at their nails in an attempt to play hard to get, but it’s mostly fake,” Damien explained.

“Got it. And then what?” Peter asked, scribbling in his notebook.

“Well. Depending on the type of girl, you now have two options.” Damien held a finger up. “One: you can start a conversation. This is what I usually do. Or…” He put a second finger up. “You can ask her to find you later. While the first, is more proactive—the latter gives her the power.”