Chapter three: My life is like a reality TV show

SARAH'S POV

~ The unexpected will always happen~

I looked around the cafeteria. 

Silence

Their eyeballs were flickering from me to Jacob back to me and soon after, the whisperings begun. A snickering sound caught my attention and to my surprise it was my bio teacher, enjoying herself a little too much.

Thank you so much Mrs.Lander for not doing your job.

I quickly extracted myself from this awkward situation and walked the total opposite way that Jacob was going. With my head down, using my hair as a shield to hide my face, I made my way over to my friends, Haylie and Samantha.

I took a seat opposite to them and greet them with a sheepish smile and in return they send concerned looks my way.

"Why did you just come in with Jacob?" Samantha asked.

Samantha is just that type of person. She is obsessed with people's life and will not want to tell anyone her's. It took Haylie and I a month in third grade to find out who she had a crush on and we had to ambush her so she would tell us.

"Nothing,"I said avoiding eye contact.

"Mhmm....So you say?" Haylie said smirking.

I hesitated, not wanting them to know what just to place in the classroom.

I know.

I'm a horrible best friend but I don't think I should tell them. I so don't want to give them any information and then they take the incident to whole other level.

"So how are things going between you and Dylan?" I said to Haylie

I know that she is a little self absorbed, that she will easily forget anything she was talking about before.

"That's what I'm dying to tell you, I have a date with him Saturday." she said.

Moment of silence

"But Saturday we were planning to have a girls day." I blurted out sadly.

"I know but we haven't been spending a lot of time with each other lately, as a couple."

The lies she tells.

Ever since they've started dating I have barely seen her. Today is such a surprise though, she usually sits with him at lunch.

I wanted to ask her why she isn't sitting with him, but I have a feeling I don't wanna find out.

"Okay, we'll just cancel it and do it next Saturday."I suggested

"Oh, I can't I have to go visit my dad and step mom that day." Samantha said

"Okay,We can always do it some other time. "I responded

I begin to hum 'all by myself' by Eric Carmen

All by myself
Don't want to be all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live all by myself anymore

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone

All by myself
Don't want to be all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live all by myself anymore

It was like this song was made after my situation.

After we bought, had eaten our lunches and have many more awkward conversations, the bell rings signalling that lunch is over. We all left the cafeteria going to our designated classes, separated until the end of the day, because we don't do the same classes.