1.(1x1) Wolf moon ✓

(Edited)

I scrunched my face in distaste because of the chocolate in my mouth. "Ugh! This chocolate taste old." I whined, spitting it out into the trash and throwing the rest that was in my hand away.

Scott sighed staring at me with a look as he took a sip from his water. "No one was forcing you to eat it in the first place." He pointed out causing me to shoot him a look.

I placed my hand onto my hip narrowing my eyes at him. "Look Mr.Smarty pants. I had no idea this chocolate was expired and plus why don't you or mom throw expired things away, am I the only one who does it in this house?" I complained, he rolled his eyes at my complaints. "See-" I cut myself off when a loud sound irrupted from downstairs. "Did you hear that?" I whispered, Scott glanced at me nodding his head.

The both of us shared a worried look. "What if it was mom?" Scott suggested. I shrugged not knowing since I saw mom in bed before I walked into Scott's room with an expired chocolate bar.

I slowly stood up from Scott's desk chair and walked with him exiting his room, walking towards our mom's room opening it to see her fast asleep. I slowly shut the door knowing the sound wasn't my mom. Scott and I continued as he grabbed the baseball bat while we made our way down the stairs.

"The sound was coming from the yard." I whispered, I grabbed Scott's arm tightly, he lead us towards the glass door, sliding it open as we both stepped out holding our breath while sharing a look of hesitation. I sucked in a breath as we followed the noise. Scott prepared himself to take a swing at whoever or whatever that was.

We both scanned the backyard and instantly a screamed escaped mine and Scott's throat when something came dangling down right in front of us. I cupped my mouth staring at the face that was looking back at us as my heart pounded against my chest my body suddenly felt numb due to fear.

"Stiles!?" I exclaimed in anger. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked, holding onto my chest tightly due to the pain in my heart.

"You both weren't answering your phones." He responded in an obvious tone causing me to glare at him, wither he was upside down or not I slapped his stomach.

"You could have given us a heart attack." I snapped angrily.

Stiles rolled his eyes dramatically. "Well. You didn't." His eyes fell on the object in Scott's hand. "And why do you have a bat?"

"We thought you were a predator." Scott finally spoke up, as Stiles continued to hang down the roof as if it was normal.

I shook my head in disappointment. "A pre - I - wha – look I know it's late, but you gotta' hear this." Stiles began, causing me to stand straighter interested in what he was about to tell us. "I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon department and even State Police." Scott and I both shared a confusing look.

"Why?" We both asked at the same time.

"Two joggers found a dead body in the woods." He revealed, causing my eyebrows to shot up in surprise.

I crossed my arms leaning against the door frame. "A dead body!?" Scott exclaimed shocked.

"No. A body of water." Stiles responded sarcastically, causing me to snicker at his response. This is why Stiles and I are friends not because we were raised together but because of his amazing sarcasm. "Yes. Dumbass, a dead body." Stiles said with a scoff.