Thirty Nine

"I'm gonna miss you!" May cooed and hugged the tall boy. "I'm going to miss you, too!" he hummed and wrapped his arms around her waist. When they pulled away, the blonde girl mover over to Alex, and unexpectedly hugged him too. The brunette hugged back after a second, smiling.
I'm glad she likes me.
"Jack can be a little stubborn and stupid sometimes, but try to cope with him, okay? He loves you, and you obviously love him, and we all really like you. He had a lot of boys and girls before you, and believe me, he never looked at anyone the way he looks at you. And they were all arrogant as fuck. But you are a complete sweetheart, so I hope your relationship with my brother lasts forever." She whispered and squeezed him tighter. "Thank you, May." The younger boy whispered back with a happy smile.
That's so nice of her! I'll miss her.
"Okay, go away May, he's mine!" Jack mumbled and pulled the brunette away by his shoulders. "Let him breathe, Jack!" May snickered and stuck out her tongue. Jack just shook his head and pulled his boyfriend closer. "But seriously, we need to leave now." He added, when he looked at his phone screen to check the time. "It was nice to meet you, bye!" Alex smiled and waved, skipping towards the car. "Bye!" the girl called and waved back with a huge smile. Then she disappeared in the house again. The boys already said their goodbyes to the rest of the family, so they just got into the car and drove away. "Oh my, Alex, they all love you! Like, I knew they'll love you, but this much?" the black haired boy chuckled and placed his hand on Alex's thigh. "Yeah, I guess they did." The brunette mumbled and looked out of the window. All of his nerves came back, because they were on their way to his brother's house. "What's wrong?" Jack instantly noticed his mood change. "I-I just-I still can't even believe he's alive, and we're going to meet his family in a few minutes! It's so-so surreal!" the boy sighed and shook his head. "It's okay, Lex. We're going to be there for a few hours, and you're going to have a nice time, okay? You're going to meet little William! Isn't that amazing?" the older boy patted his thigh and smiled. "Yeah, you're right." Alex said quietly and nodded, trying to form a small smile. "See, that's the spirit!" Jack chuckled and turned to look at his boyfriend. He gave him a big smile and then turned back to face the road.

________________________

The two boys were standing in front of the huge front door of a nice looking house, waiting for someone to open after they rang the doorbell. "I'm nervous." The younger boy whined and squeezed Jack's hand. "Don't worry, it's gonna be fine." The older boy said and kissed his cheek. The door opened right after he pulled away. Tom was standing there in grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt, with a wide smile on his lips. "Hi! Nice to see you again! Why don't you come in?" he said and gestured for them to come inside, then he led them into the living room. "Do you want something to drink?" he asked. "Just water, please." Alex smiled and sat down on the couch. "Can I have some coffee?" Jack asked and sat down next to Alex. "Of course!" Tom hummed and went to the kitchen to prepare the drinks. A second later, the door to the living room opened and a little kid peeked inside. He has short, dark brown hair, and blue eyes. He was wearing the same thing as Tom, but smaller of course, which was very cute. "Oh, come here, Will!" Tom smiled and waved to the little boy. William slowly got inside and ran towards his father, hiding behind his leg. "This is my son, William. He's a little shy, as you can see. Willy, this is your uncle Alex and his boyfriend Jack." He introduced them. The kid just curiously raised his eyebrow and stepped from behind his father. Then he carefully walked over to the couple on the couch. "Hi. Awe you Awex?" he asked quietly and tilted his head. The brunette just smiled and waved, nodding. "Yes, and this is Jack, like your daddy said." He explained and bit his lip. "I like Jacky's haiw." Will said and climbed on the couch, reaching out to touch the older boy's blonde streak. "Thank you." Jack chuckled and let him play with his hair. The young boy climbed down after a second, and sat down next to Alex. "How owd awe you, Awex?" he asked with wide eyes and slightly open mouth. "I'm eighteen. How old are you?" Alex smiled and asked. "I'm going to be fouw, soon!" he giggled and showed the number four on his fingers. "Is Jacky youw husband?" William asked another question and crawled onto Alex's lap. He was a little bit surprised at first, but then he just giggled and wrapped his arm around the kid. "No, he's not my husband. We're just dating." He answered, just as Tom walked inside the living room with the water and coffee. "Sorry about that. He's just very curious. Every kid his age is like that, I guess." He explained and put the drinks on the table. "Yeah, it's okay, he's cute." Jack stated and tickled the little boy. Will started to giggle and kick around, so Jack left him alone. "Do you want to pway with me?" Willy asked in excitement and bounced on Alex's lap. "Of course." Jack smiled and stood up. The kid climbed off Alex and ran towards the door, Jack following close behind. "We awe going upstaiws, daddy!" he shouted and grabbed Jack's hand, dragging him up the stairs. "So, how have you been?" Tom asked and turned to face Alex. "Well...a lot better after I met Jack." The brunette smiled weakly. "That's good to hear. He seems like a nice guy, but you know, if anything goes wrong, I'm here to kick his ass." The older boy chuckled and shook his head. "Of course. But I think...I think he's the one. I feel safe around him, and he never makes me do the things I don't wanna do, and he's so caring, he's always making sure that I'm okay, and he understands me. I really love him a lot, you know?" The brunette sighed and blushed a little. "Yeah, I can see that." Tom smiled and nodded in agreement. "By the way, father is already back in England and he was placed in prison. Apparently they found a lot of weed and coke in his house, so that only added to his problems, and they raised the number. He's going to be locked up for twenty five years." Tom suddenly changed the topic. "Oh, that's great, I guess. He deserves it." The younger boy mumbled and grimaced. "Yes, he does. I think-" the older boy was interrupted by the front door opening. "Honey, I'm back!" a female voice called, and almost instantly a tall brunette walked into the room with hands full of groceries. "Oh! You must be Alex, right?" she gasped, when she noticed him. She put the bags on the ground and ran towards him, hugging him lightly. "I'm Lisa. I heard so much about you! I'm so excited to finally see you!" she said when she pulled away. "Yeah, nice to see you, too." Alex smiled nervously. He was never good with new people, and now Jack wasn't with him, so it was even worse. "Well, let's sit and talk for a bit. Willy! Come here!" she called and then grabbed the bags, deciding to put them in the kitchen. Meanwhile, little William ran back down, Jack following close behind. "Mommy! I have a new fwend! His name is Jacky, and he likes my toys!" he shouted in excitement and ran towards his mother. Lisa just smiled and picked the little boy up. "Hi. You must be Alex's boyfriend. My name's Lisa, nice to meet you!" she smiled and reached out her hand for a handshake. Jack took it with a smile. "Yeah, I'm Jack. Nice to meet you, too!" he answered. "So, now that we're all here, let's talk. So, how hid you and Alex meet?" she asked and sat down on the couch, next to Tom. Jack started to talk about how he met Alex at the airport, and the younger boy just listened and sometimes nodded with a smile. He was filled with happiness. His boyfriend was perfect, his brother had a wife and a little kid, and they were all kind and just completely amazing.
Life is good. I'm glad to be alive.

______________________________

I can't believe it's time to go.
"Don't go, pwease!" Willy pouted and hugged Alex's leg. The brunette just smiled and picked him up. "Don't worry, we'll come back soon." He whispered and kissed his nose. Jack's heart melted in that moment.
This is more cuteness than I can take. Oh god, I love him so much.
"Aw, come on. Jack and Alex have to go, Willy. It's getting late." Lisa whispered and took the little boy from Alex. "But I like them. I want them to stay hewe." He mumbled, still pouting. "I know, we like them too." Tom smiled and gently patted his shoulder. "It was nice meeting you, guys." He added. "Yeah, it was. I hope you pay us a visit sometimes, too." Jack said and wrapped his arm around Alex's waist. "Do you want to visit Jacky and Lexy in Baltimore?" Tom asked and rubbed William's back. "Can I?" he instantly got excited. "Yeah, we can sometimes." Tom nodded and smiled. "Okay!" the little boy giggled and bounced. "Fine, but they really need to go now, so say bye." Lisa added with a smile. "Bye Jacky and Lexy!" he said and clapped. "Bye, little one. Hope to see you again." Alex whispered and waved. Jack high fived him and then they walked over to their car. They got inside, and with one last wave they drove away. "So, what do you think?" Jack asked with a wide smile. He was abnormally happy the whole time. "It was awesome. I'm so happy to have Tom back. Lisa is really nice, too. And William is just so cute!" the younger boy cooed. "Yeah, I know right! I definitely want kids when I'm older. Only if you want them too, of course." Jack sighed happily. Alex blushed and smiled. "Yeah. I can imagine us with kids. You'll make a good father, you are good with kids. I want to raise kids with you." He whispered. And he meant it.