17

She has been gone for a whole fucking week! And there has been no sign of her anywhere. We have searched everywhere and I make sure people still are.

Nobody can rest until my mate is safely back in my arms, I haven't slept all week except for when I had to be drugged to get some sleep.

I haven't showered properly and I haven't gone near my bedroom at all, scared that her scent will drive my wolf out and I can barely keep him in already.

There is a knock on the office door and I stand up "come in."

The familiar scent of lavender oil and cookies makes me smile for the first time since my mates been gone. I look at the small old women and walk up to her, she hugs me quickly.

"Hey grandma." I say bending over to be able to hug her properly. This women has been there for me my whole life but a few years ago she moved away with my grandpa, he passed away last year though. She didn't want to leave her house so she stayed there and came to visit every so often.

"Hello sonny," she says "how are you?"

"Not good grandma." I sigh frustratedly and sink into the black leather couch "my mate she is m-missing." I cry, I don't let the tears fall from my eyes though.

My grandma sits by me and holds me tightly whispering that everything will be fine, but will it.

"Alpha!" Someone bursts in and I growl at his disrespect, he bows his head but doesn't stop talking "sorry, the men are outside awaiting your orders."

"I'll be right back grandma." I say then race outside and in front of the 50 men I had rounded up to start a new search for my mate.

***

Maia POV:

I wake up covered in my own blood, it's drips off my fingertips and covers the ground. I feel weak and my eyesight is weakening.

The wolfsbane hasn't affected me but the silver has, I'm covered in cuts. My stomach is the worse though.

I look up weakly and notice everything gone, the guns the torture tools and the men. The teacher who I learned is called Arthur walks up to me and cuts he rope making me hit the ground with a large thump.

He calls another man who walks up and the both shove me on a cart. I cry out in pain as my back hits the hard cart, I don't move trying to prepare my energy for running away.

After what felt like minutes the cart comes to a stop, two wrists grab my wrists and drags my out. They carry me as my legs drag against the floor cutting my bare feet.

I find myself dropped to the floor and take a sniff, I'm next to my territory border line. I sit up and growl as they both walk away.

Arthur comes back with the dagger and sends in straight into my side and I scream in agony.

"Bye little doggy." Arthur says before disappearing once again.

I sit there trying the get hold of myself, my whole body is weak and my eyesight a is blurring up. Blood drips from the dagger wound.