Chapter [17] Tips For You

Chapter Seventeen:

"Chase." I said.

He didn't reply to me as he was too preoccupied at the moment. The guy was on the ground howling in pain. After a while, he struggled to get up and limped back through the woods.

"What are you...How are you...Where did you...What?" I blurted out a bunch of different questions I was trying to ask him.

"I'll take that as a thank you." He smirked.

"Thanks." I blinked my eyes and shook my head, still shell shocked. "How'd you know I was here?" I asked.

"I didn't. This is my parent's cabin. I was just staying here for a little while. I was walking to the back when I saw you running up here." He informed me.

"So this is where you've been this whole time? Why?" I asked.

He was quiet for a moment. So I insisted. "Tell me."

"Fine." He began lifting up his shirt.

There was a long gash across his abs. He had about fifteen stitches.

"Chase!" I panicked. "What happened?"

"Just another fight. I was slouching a lot earlier this week because of it. My mom and dad would ship me off if they found out I got into another bad fight and this happened to me. So I told them I was staying at a friends house."

"You know, I was looking for you to the point where I actually followed Skylor to a hospital to see if you were there." I laughed nervously.

"Oh really? Does that mean you care about your boy Chase?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"You wish." I laughed.

"What were you doing here with that guy?" He asked. "He's a low life."

"I didn't even know who that was. I was helping this girl and then he followed me and was talking about you guys and then I just sorta landed...here." I explained.

"By yourself?" He replied.

"Oh crap." I realized Bonnie, Brett, and Jonah were probably wondering where I was so I called them. I told them to drive over to the cabin where I was.

"They're on their way over here. If that's okay with you." I pressed the lock button on my cell phone.

"It's cool."

Hanging out at Chase's parents' cabin turned out to be  pretty fun. We watched scary movies, played games, told ghost stories, and ended up making smores because Bonnie was adamant we do that.

The following Monday at school Chase was finally there. He was still walking with a little limp but it was barely noticeable.

I was in the lunch line grabbing some food and saw him.

"Chase. Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"How are you feeling?" I glanced from his face to where the stitches were.

He chuckled a little. "I'm fine, mother."