Chapter 20

I woke up the next morning tangled around Soda, I couldn't help but smile when I remember what happened the night before. "Good morning." I mumbled and kissed his cheek. 

He started to move and I felt one arm tighten around my waist. "Morning." He grumbled. 

"Did you sleep well?" I asked. 

"Yeah, It was great." He smiled. "Did you?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "We need to get up and get ready for work." I sat up and pulled the covers up to cover me. "Turn around." I looked at him as he watched me. 

"Come on." He rolled his eyes. 

"Please." I asked softer. 

He rolled his eyes and got up with his back to me as he started to get dressed. I got up and started to get dressed too. When I got dressed I felt his arms wrapped around me and kissed my cheek. "You aren't upset about last night are you?" He asked. 

"No." I shook my head. "I just didn't want you staring at me." 

He looked down at me. "I promise." I kissed him. "I'm going to go make breakfast." I turned around before he could say anything and left to go make breakfast. 

A few minutes later Soda came into the kitchen dressed for work and I smiled at him. "Smells good." He grinned. 

We sat down and ate together before  we both left for work. 

The next couple of days all went the same. We went to work then came home and spent the evening together. After a couple weeks we got the house set up just how we liked it and it was great. 

Soda got off work and went to go see the gang then would come home with me, I wanted to make sure that he got to see the gang everyday still so I always encourage him to go over there. 

I was just finishing up supper when he came in. "Hi." I smiled at him. 

"Hi." He came over and kissed me. "How was your day?" He asked. 

"Good." I nodded. "How was yours?" 

"Good." We sat down and started to eat. "I was talking to the gang and there is a pretty big rumble in a couple hours, I'm probably going to eat then head back over there." He watched me.

"You are going to go fight in it?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I can't leave them. They need everyone they can get, it just hands, but I'll take my blade just incase. I promise I'll be okay." He smiled a bit and took my hand. 

"I don't want you to fight." I pulled my hand away. 

"Babe." He sighed. "I already told them I would." 

"With out asking me?" 

"We are just dating, I can still make my own choices." He got up. 

"I don't want you to get hurt." I shook my head. 

"I won't. I'm going to go met with them, I'll talk to you later." He turned to leave. 

"Soda, please." I whispered as he walked out. 

I slowly cleaned up the kitchen and then sat on the couch and watched tv. I sat there most the night, I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep if he didn't come back. 

Around midnight he finally came back home and I looked at him, he was bleeding pretty bad and had several cuts on him. "Soda." I jumped up. "Are you okay?" I asked biting my lip. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, we won." He grinned. 

"You aren't fine." I pulled him into the bathroom and got out some first aid supplies. I started to clean up his cuts. 

"We won." He said again. 

"Good for you." I said flatly. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"You could have gotten hurt." I looked at him. "You wouldn't even think about it." 

"But I didn't get hurt." He rolled his eyes. 

"Yes you did." I cleaned his cut.

"This is nothing, you should see the other guy." He grinned. 

I finished cleaning the cuts. "I'm going to bed." I left him there and went to our room. 

He followed me and watched me lay in bed, "You need to shower before you come to bed, you are covered in mud and blood."

"I will, I just don't want you to go to bed mad at me." He sat down on the edge of the bed beside me. 

"Well that's not going to happen." I crossed my arms and sat up. "You know I don't like them and you still went." 

"And you know I can take care of myself." He looked at me. 

"What if they gang up on you?" I whispered quietly. 

"Then Steve or Darry would get my back. I know you don't like them but sometimes we have to do that to keep them out of here. Darry would never take us if he knew we were going to lose right away or if its going to be dangerous." He slowly reached for my hand and I let him take it. "I promise we were all careful, we do a good job of watching each other." 

I just watched him. "Okay." I mumbled after a while. 

"Are you still mad?" He asked. 

"A little I guess." I shrugged. 

"Well, I guess I'll take that. I'm going to go take a shower." He smiled and got up. 

I laid down and closed my eyes, when Soda came back I opened my eyes and smiled at him a bit. He laid down and but his arm around me. "As your personal nurse I'm going to have to advise you not to kiss anyone until your lip is healed." I laughed a bit. 

"And as much as I like to take your advise, no." He smiled and kissed me lightly. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Soda." I smiled a bit. 

We laid down together and he kept his arm around me, I watched him for a while to make sure he wasn't in a lot of pain before falling asleep as well.