12

"METTATON! METTATON! METTATON!" The audience roared and cheered.

I imagine that they were all watching, even him. Flowey probably had a way to keep him from getting to me but, I doubt that he could hold Sans back for long. With that in mind I continued with the plan.

"Free EXP up for the grabs. You think you can get it before the skeleton stops us." I said taunting the demon in my head.

She had a good idea what I was up to but her bloodlust was too great for her to pass up a possible kill. She craves to watch souls shatter. Mettaton started to sing and dance while throwing attacks towards me. I tried my best to dodge them but I sucked. Some of them hit me leaving some cuts and bruises.

I walked closer to him grabbing Chara's attention. I felt her well up inside me she tried to take over but I stopped her. Just as I did before I could keep her at bay. I won't let her destroy another soul.

"Just remember after we are done, you're gonna meet your fate." Mettatton sang as a disco ball with different colored lasers started spinning.

Once again I was frozen in place as the demon and I fought for control. All the white lasers hit me, burning my skin. I felt the sting and pain in the various parts of my body. Chara fought harder for control and I focused all my determination on keeping her from killing him.

Here we go again..

Mettaton noticed my internal struggle as I stood still and didn't fight back. He stopped attacking me and gave me a worried look.

Was he actually feeling sympathy for me? Hell no, I was not going to let that happen. I used more determination, forcing myself to move forward and grabbed a microphone.

"Hey, you big stinking chunk of metal give me your best shot. If you don't I promise that you will NEVER EVER see the surface." I said trying to piss off the robot.

I saw Mettaton get hurt by the comment. I remember him saying that he wanted to go up to the surface and be a star for humans. That was his dream. When Chara had control in the other timelines he always mentioned that I was danger to humans too. He tried to stop me but it was never any use at that point. Chara was always too strong for him.

When I mentioned the surface it was obvious that what I was saying was getting to him by the pained expression on his face.

"Keeping you down here would be a favor to all of humanity. I mean up there if you don't have skin and abs a guy like you won't make it ANYWHERE in the star business. Besides I wouldn't know of a human that would watch any of the garbage films you're in." I said and faked a wicked laugh to make my statement seem sincere. I had to play the bad guy to make sure he will kill me.

With my sentence Mettaton was fuming. He came up to me and slapped me across the face pissing off the demon inside me. I used all my determination to continue holding her back. My face stung from the hit and he was so close to me. I felt like my head was going to explode from Chara's fury. She was trying her hardest to take control but I focused every bit of my determination to keep her out and take a step away from him.

Mettaton prepared another attack and he began to shoot lasers at me leaving deep gashes on my body. The cuts stung on my skin and I held back a little yelp when the robot came up to me kicked me hard in the stomach. My body was pushed to the other end of the stage. I struggled to get myself back up and keep Chara from stabbing him with the thorn in my back pocket.

"Darling I think you best keep your mouth shut." Mettaton said angrily.

I got up and coughed into my hand. When I coughed my throat felt hot and a liquid hit my hand. I looked at my hand and saw dark red blood. Holding Chara back was draining me again. I had to be careful not to pass out this time. If I push myself too far I'll pass out or I might not be able to finish the plan. I had to end this now.

Mettaton seemed to be preparing his next attack and I felt Charas power well up inside me. I focused my determination on keeping her out and the more I did the weaker I felt. I had dark spots in my vision, the symptoms were back.

I heard a loud ringing, but it wasn't only me. Everyone else heard it too because even Mettaton looked over to the audience. I looked out to the crowd and everything looked normal until I spotted it.

Up in the front row there were some monsters holding signs, one of them had a yellow flower drawn on the top. In red paint the sign read 'I knew you had it in you.'

I was shocked to have read that. No one should know about that not even Flowey. How? How does Flowey know that? He can't possibly remember that!

"I reset, I made sure to go back. I tried so hard to do things again. To do them right. It was just a mistake. The reason I reset that time was because of him. I wanted to save him. To try it one more time. To undo my mistake. How can I undo something if he still remembers? How does he remember?!" I said to myself as tears started to form in my eyes.

I was hopeless..

The tears fell from my eyes blurring my vision and I clutched my stomach. I let out a screeching sob and just let the scene replay in my head over again.

I remembered. After dying over and over again to the despicable Flower I had finally reached the end. I wanted to spare him but he threatened the rest of them and he threatened Sans. I knew he was bluffing but I just thought. 'What if he was dead?' I was just so upset at the little damnation that I did it. I did not spare. I KILLED FLOWEY.

"I knew you had it in you!" Flowey said with a shaky voice before evaporating to dust.

My only regret, my only kill. If I ever wanted to try to make things right with him I had to try again. I reset, but she was waiting for that.

"Uh, human?" Mettaton asked he walked over to me placing his hand on my back, bringing me out of my flashback.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I yelled backing away from him.

"I killed him..." I murmured and dropped in my knees as I felt my sin weigh down my neck.

This just be what Flowey meant. This is the second step he mentioned. Right now my thoughts were clouded and in my head I was thinking of what I had done. I went back to help him. To try to befriend him. It was a hopeless idea in the first place.

Snap out of it.

Did my killing alert her? She possess me only because I had it in me? Whatever the case may be I don't care anymore. I had exhausted my determination and I felt true despair so it won't replenish itself. It was finally over.

Don't!

I took the dagger from my back pocket and lifted high aiming for my stomach. I brought it down with a fast motion but not fast enough. His bony hand grabbed my arm. Sans made it. I was too late.

"Sorry about this." Sans said as he injected something right into the vein in my neck and I lost consciousness.