Chapter Two

Rae

I run into the field, or soon to be battleground, with determination of my first fight. I was a baby last time a werewolf found our Haven and it was only a rogue. Now an army was coming at us. Our scouts indicated about 600 coming towards us at an alarming speed.

My mother would be on the walls separating the field from the town, she was an archer and my father would lead the sword combat unit. He assigned me the southwest quadrant with Brady who was my partner and right hand man. Alarms still blaring as women with little children hid in the bunkers and our army of 200 took their places.

We waited and waited, hours passed as we waited for an attack.

Why are the taking so long? I wondered to myself. Was this an attack tactic, did they think we wouldn't wait here and go home? I kept these thoughts to myself as Brady started pacing the grounds. He sat down on the warm grass.
"Get up idiot, they could be here any second! Get up you lazy butt."

He chuckled at my use of the word 'butt'

"They aren't here, and haven't been since 0900 hours. The sun shows it's about lunch and I am starving."

That's when we heard it. The faint screams from the Northeast quad. I heard archers release arrows and swords clanking against claws.

Brady got up and came back to back with me as we circled around, waiting for our enemy to show itself.

"You know, if we make it out of this, would you consider going to the freedom dance with me?"

"Really! Brady not now!!!" I say through clenched teeth

"Well jeez I was just asking." He grumbled back at me.

All of the sudden there was a growl behind me, and Brady whispered, "Three. 2 Omega's and a Beta."

A Beta, wow, I was sort've excited to kill it. I gave a curt nod to him and said "Trimega Procedure?"

"Affirmative." He agreed and we took our battle stance.

The next few moments were a mix of training and instinct. We played out our strategy and they came lunging. It was a mix of teeth, claws, and silver. The sword had no effect on the Beta but wounded one of the Omega's pretty good, Brady even killed the other one.

We were about to approach the Beta until I heard something behind me. Brady nodded and I turned and saw something that I was completely unprepared for. A gigantic black wolf towering over me and instantly I realized I was facing an Alpha.

I let fear have a whole second to take over my body before I take my senses back and approach the monster.

It pauses and all of the sudden shifts. I saw claws turn into hands and snout turn into nose. What was left was a strikingly beautiful male. With blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. All he had on was his shorts.

"You were so small compared to me, I just had to give you more of a chance to live." Said the Alpha. His voice was deep, like really deep.

I regained my composure and took out my sword and we started circling each other. I looked back and couldn't find Brady. "What did you do to my partner?" I demanded.

The Alpha smirked, I hate smirks. "I saw potential, you cannot get to him now, he is being rounded up with the rest of your small fighters. My last job is to take care of you, then I get to go home." I felt a growl coming up in my throat and he just laughed.

Struck by pure blind rage, I ran towards him and our fight began.

--------------------------------------

Ash

It was like keeping a ball of yarn away from a small kitten. The little girl kept lunging, and I kept dodging. It was almost silly that she thought she could kill an Alpha one on one. Even an army on an Alpha was nearly impossible.

"Are you ready to die yet, this grows tiresome," I say in a relaxed tone. The girl growled and came at me again. The face she makes is almost cute as she lunges at me.

No... not cute... disgusting, obviously disgusting.

I knock the sword out of her hand and she instantly puts her hands up for hand to hand. The girl was trained well for a human. If all humans are being trained the way they are here, I will have to warn father to train ours more often.

She dodges my punches almost as easily as I block hers. She knows what parts to aim for. The face and she almost got me in my crotch even though I saw a small blush on her face as she raised her leg to knee it.

I kick under her legs and she falls to the ground. I pin her, and let my claws come out. I look at her face, not ugly like father described human women but beautiful in its own way.

Stop it Ash, Kill her the more reasonable part of brain says.

So my claws reach for her throat.

--------------------------------------

Cliffhanger!

Love the response to this so far! Keep voting and commenting!

You guys are the best,

Shelby Grace