Chapter 1 - What the hell?!

Your hangover hit you like a brick to the face. You always had a knack for getting yourself into these situations. Why oh why did you agree to drink with Cana, you should have known better. You thoughtwere smarter than this. Yet here you were, freaking out after having just woke up in a strange place with some blonde guy's arm around your waist. Your immediate attempts to wiggle out of his hold had proven futile when his grip only tightened around your waist.

You took a deep breath, calming yourself and attempting to dull your roaring headache before analysing the situation. You were still fully clothed – always a good sign, but had no clue where you were and no memory of last night. After initial survey it was clear this was a hotel room. Everything looked too clean and tidy, as if it had never been lived in at all. You noticed the clock on the nightstand beside you and groaned when you realised it was the middle of the night. Summoning your nerve, you snuck a glance at the man who was currently spooning you. Unkempt blonde hair, chiselled jaw, and a scar across one eyebrow. Had it not been for the situation you probably would have considered him attractive, especially since he smelled like the spiced rum you sipped on quiet autumn days. For a moment you got lost in it, floored by the soft expression on his sleeping face.

As you turned back around to face away from him, you heard a groan as the blonde stirred slightly. Before finally opening his eyes, you glanced quickly, and noticed a piercing blue. It was calming almost; but you knew this situation did not call for calm. You were still desperately trying to remember what happened after you blacked out last night.

"I know you're awake." He said groggily, but he almost sounded amused. Of course he probably remembered what happened last night, so this wouldn't come as much of a shock to him. As you lie there pondering your options, you felt him begin to play with your (h/c) hair. You flinched for a moment before deciding to confront the problem immediately. You slowly turned and your (e/c) gaze met his sleepy blue one.

"I have no idea how I got here, so I would appreciate it if you would fill me in." You spoke hesitantly. You hadn't realised until then but your voice was hoarse and scratchy. He sighed and stared at you for a moment more before answering.

"You got wasted at a bar, we started talking for a bit but you wouldn't tell me where your friends were so I brought you back here to make sure you were safe. That's all." He said and you breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God.

"So... stranger, where do we go from here?" You asked, voice laced with a mix of sarcasm and nerves. You were grateful he helped you out, but reasonably wary of the strange situation you'd gotten yourself into. He smirked and leaned in before answering,

"We could always just pick up from where we left off, you seemed pretty into me at the bar last night." His voice was low and husky with sleep, and as he chuckled your cheeks dusted with pink. He pulled back and propped himself up on his arm as you stumbled over your words.

"Not happening Blondie, I'd have to get wasted off of earthland again to think thatwould be a good idea." He chuckled again and your scrunched up your nose in frustration.

"Sticks and stones, sweetheart." He sighed, feigning pain. You rolled your eyes and stifled a laugh before glancing down at his arm still curled around your waist, you'd almost forgotten it was there.

"Are you going to remove your arm, or do I have to do it for you?" You asked, your voice gaining a wary edge to it, but all the while remaining somewhat light. He just smiled.

"I think you already know that you can't get rid of me that easy. Besides, I'm not ready to get up yet, it is the crack of dawn after all, and your waist is real comfortable, so I think that I'm just gonna go back to sleep. Feel free to struggle, because I ain't letting go." He said, his smile morphing into a playful smirk. He yanked your body towards his and tightened his grip on your waist, adding his other arm and closing his eyes. You again attempted to get free, but it was even more difficult now because of the second arm. You eventually gave up and relaxed, realising that you might as well get some more sleep while you're stuck there. He obviously noticed that you had surrendered as he chuckled low and pulled your back against him, his face almost touching your ear, so close that you could feel his breath on your neck. It was warm, and comforting, something that you hadn't felt in a while.

"Sleep well." You heard him mutter as you drifted off in his embrace.

It was so warm.

Until morning you dreamt of a time long ago, back when you were still only an infant.

You saw a beautiful woman, with hair and eyes just like yours, but her beauty was ruined by the scowl that adorned her features as she gazed down at you, the small child wrapped in blankets. Even as a child you could feel the wind whipping at your face and smelled the salt of the sea all around you. The woman walked to the edge of the ship, you were too young to understand what was happening back then, but the woman was frowning, so you began to cry. She quickly hushed you and finally reached the edge of the boat. The frown returned to her face and her gaze created fear within the small child.

"I wish that you'd never been born, but after today no one will ever have to know I made that mistake." You didn't understand what she was saying, but she smiled as she said it, and even in the cold wind your chest felt warm.

Before you knew what was happening you felt a rush of air as your small body plummeted towards the deep sea below. The cold waves engulfed you as you sunk, desperately crying out for help before you unknowingly took a breath of water and were enveloped by darkness.

You woke up to find yourself able to breathe again. You cried out and a large creature came into view, a dragon. If you understood the situation at all back then you probably would have continued to wail, but instead, your infant mind was ensnared by the beauty of the creature in front of you. Iridescent scales glittered as the finned dragon swam around you, sending fractures of light in all directions. Large eyes stared down at you and reflected every colour. Across the back of the creature fanned large shimmering fins that swayed in the water as the dragon swam, and in place of hind legs, the creature possessed an opalescent tail.

The dragon reached out for you, and tucked your small body under its fins. You sensed the same warmth as you had from your mothers smile, and your small body found solace in the feeling.

You were safe.

You woke up alone in the bed, much to your relief and quickly fled the hotel without a second thought, determined to chalk the whole night up to a bad dream. Upon getting your bearings, you made your way back to your guild, Fairy Tail, and attempted not to wonder who exactly it was you'd shared a bed with. Your memory flickered to the reason you had decided to take Cana up on her offer to drink. You had still been upset over how much you and the others had missed during your time on Tenro Island. After the incident with the infinity clock, you had wanted to let go for a moment, you never realised it would get so out of hand.

When you finally made it back to the guild hall, you walked into the middle of a huge discussion. You didn't hear much, but you did catch one important detail.

"Fairy Tail is officially entering the Grand Magic Games!"