Chapter 4

Authors note: In this chapter I'm going to fast forward into 8 weeks later where Brooke has been home for a while and is about to go for her checkup. The book will then continue from after the 8 weeks.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a briefing of what has happened in the last eight weeks.

Okay so I'm still with Jason, my parents informed my friends not to tell me about Jason just yet as the doctor told them to keep my stress levels low, so my dad said to Jason he's got some more time with me as breaking up with me would break my heart. Jason has been sleeping by my house for the past 3 weeks that I've been home and he's been helping my parents look after me. I got to come home after 2 weeks in hospital. My friends have been over non stop too, making me laugh and bringing me food.

8 WEEKS LATER

Ive noticed a lot of tension with Jason and my group of friends these past few weeks, like they all death stare him and I don't even know why, they've never had a problem with him before?
Today is my last check up with the doctor until I return in 6 weeks. I'm pretty excited because he decides whether I get to go back to school and live my life or whether I have to stay on bed rest.
Both Hunter and Lexi are joining Jason, my parents and I as we find out the results.

*At the hospital*

"Ah good day Mr, Mrs and Miss Shaw. I see you've brought some support with you." Dr Sawyer says with a smile on his face.
"Yes I have. I'm quite confident that I'll be going home today and I'll be able to go back to normal." I say confidently.
"That's good to see your optimistic Miss Shaw." He says

I flash a slight smile In return.

Dr Sawyer turns to my parents and begins speaking.
"Okay, we are going to do a series of tests now to make sure her brain function is normal and there is no problems, that her speech isn't impaired and that her movement is still normal. Then we will do a head CT to make sure we haven't missed anything else. Is that good with you?" He asks assuringly.

My dad replies before my mom can: "sure that is fine, but Doctor Sawyer may my wife and I please have a word with you outside?" He asks firmly.

"By all means. Lead the way sir." Dr Sawyer replies.

I turn and look at my friends in pure confusion, they all shrug in unison.

Roger POV

As we all step outside I hear Bailey begin to speak.

"So um....Dr Sawyer, with regards to Brooke's amnesia, it's been 8 weeks and no sign of her regaining memory ?"
"Mrs Shaw, patience. She might be one of them that needs time, that need to be in place or see something that triggers her memory."

I decide it's time to take the wheel on this.

"Yes ,uh, Dr Sawyer we understand that. But with the tests you will be doing today, will there be any evidence suggesting amnesia in any of her scans?"

"Potentially, like in her CT scan."

"Okay,thank you Doctor."

"I'm going to give you two a Moment to discuss this while I prep Brooke"

With that being said he is off into the exam room and Bailey is now staring at me with this blank expression on her face.

"And now?" I ask curiously

"She's never going to regain her memory, and as much as I pretend, I don't like Jason at all, he needs to go." She says with anger and annoyance in her voice.

"I couldn't agree more babe, he's not good for her and he's going to hurt her AGAIN!" I say anger building inside me.

Next thing I know bailey has leaned in and is kissing me. The kiss soon turns passionate until I pull away, confused by her actions I begin to speak.

"And that?"

"Sometimes when you get angry, I feel if I kiss you it calms you down. And you can't lie to me because I know it worked." She says with a huge grin on her face.

We are Interrupted by Brooke as she begins to speak, "come mom and dad, we are about to do the tests now."

Both Bailey and myself follow Brooke into the exam room to let the tests commence.

Brooke POV

After being at the hospital for almost 5 hours doing non stop tests, we have been sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes just waiting for Dr Sawyer with the results.

About ten minutes later we hear Hunter speak, "hey look guys here comes Dr Sawyer with a file in his hand and he's walking this way, it must be your results Brooke." She exclaims.

As Dr Sawyer reaches us he begins to speak, " alright Miss Shaw, we have received your results and I, myself have reviewed them and made a decision. Firstly, your tests went well, your speech is perfect, movement is great, Brain function is normal which means your senses are working fine. Your CT came back and it looks fine. Nothing to worry about. You may go home and return to normal, no more medication, no more tests and your off bed rest, your free to be you again Miss Shaw." He says with a smile on his face.

As I turn to hug my friends and Jason my mother takes this opportunity to speak, " and with regards to her amnesia?"

"Doesn't look drastic, her CT looks fine, nothing looks worrying, she will be fine, she should regain her memory with the help of pictures, retracing of steps and word of mouth, otherwise she's just going to have to rebuild her memories. At this stage it is out of our control there isn't anything we can do. It isn't fatal which means there isn't a course of treatment. The only thing you can do hope and try to help her regain it, otherwise there isn't anything else we can do at this stage." He says in a firm yet respectable tone.

My mom looks at my dad then back at the doctor and forces a smile.

My mom and dad come up to me and give me a long hug before my dad begins to speak, "well done pumpkin! You're free!" He yells
"Well done babey, you ready to go home?" She asks assuringly .
"As ready as ever, I'm glad things will be going back to normal, I'll be going back to school, hanging out with my amazing boyfriend and friends!" I say with a huge smile on my face as we make our way out of the hospital.