~SNEAK PEAK~PROLOGUE~FLAME~

Start from the beginning

His touch made everything bearable, and she could do nothing as he sank to his knee's and rested his head on her stomach. She couldn't wrap her arms around him, she couldn't comfort him with anything. Not even words could make it out of her mouth. But they could come from her mind.

Vision. I zink ve'll be okay. Ve'll find ourselves out of this soon. We always do. We vouldn't be Avengers if we didn't. Another tear slid from her eyes, and she rested her head on the back of the cushion-y wall behind her. His fists bawled themselves into her white gown, and she could feel the pain get worse. It took everything in him not to start screaming.

I don't believe this time is one of those great escapes. His grip became tighter when a sharp pain went through his head, and she just wanted him to feel okay. She wanted to wrap her arms around his neck and not let go. She wanted to replace the pain with reassurance.

She just wanted him to be okay.

But she couldn't do a single thing when the men came back and took him away from her. They strapped him across from her, and she couldn't bear to hear his screams anymore. So she dreamed of the one thing that would make all of their pain go away. A good memory.

A memory that would maybe make her day go a little more smoother....

"Wanda."

Wanda opened her eyes, snorted, and rolled onto her stomach on her made bed. Books were sprawled out among her body, and most were toppled on Vision's laid-out legs. She stared directly into his accusing eyes, and she played it off as if she had no clue as to what he was talking about. She kicked her legs from behind her, and continued to do so as she smiled widely. She loved making him annoyed.

"Yeah?"

"I asked you to cease what you were doing."

She dramatically put her hand on her chest and gasped. She giggled loudly when he gave her a stern glare, and her stomach was beginning to twinge from laughing so much. She was actually getting under his skin, and she was enjoying every moment of it. She might as well take advantage of this moment, right?

"But I did! I just switched over to something different." She rolled around her bed as she laughed from his blank stare, and she really didn't know why she was laughing. She didn't know why she was so tickled by this exact moment, but she was. She winced when her back hit the spine of a huge book, and she sat up with a frown. Her long brown hair was pulled back, but the tie did not help as pieces annoyingly got in her face as she studied the book. She blew them out of the way and squinted at the black and white pages.

"Vhy the hell? Vhy do you read books like dis? It 'as no fun in it!" She flipped through the pages when she picked it up and saw nothing that had to do with fighting, drama, killing, romance, or even different kinds people. It was literally evolved around one guy. "Vhat a sexist book! No women, vhatsoever."