Chapter 23

I apologize for the long wait! Big writers block. :(

But, you guys are patient and I love that :D
__________________________

Olivia's P.O.V

"W-What," I breathed out, frozen in my spot. I dropped the phone as tears ran down my cheeks. I completely forgot the lady on the phone. "Niall," I called his name while I walked back into the living room.

"Something wrong, princess?" Niall furrowed his eyebrows.

"I-I need to talk to you, alone." I said, looking at my little siblings. Niall gently picked Colton up and placed him on the couch.

"We'll be right back. Don't move," Niall told them. They all nodded and we walked into the kitchen. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked, again with worry.

"It's my Mom. She's in the hospital." I choked out. His face fell as he pulled me into a hug.

"Mind telling me what happened?" He questioned, rubbing my back as I sobbed.

"She . . . She was in the store and some m-maniac ran in with a gun, ordering everyone to drop to the ground. M-My mom was one of the few people who tried to escape unnoticed. B-But, they got shot," I managed to say, before I let out a more sobs.

"What's wrong with Olivia?" We suddenly heard Matt's voice from the kitchen entrance.

"Is she ok?" Colton asked, almost on the verge of crying as he held onto his teddy bear. Niall quickly reassured them I was fine.

"We need to go to the hospital," I whispered to him. "But, what about them?" I added. He sighed as he thought.

"I can't just let you drive out in the snow alone." He muttered. "I guess we have no choice, but to bring them."

I sighed and nodded. "Alright, c'mon kiddos! We need to get dressed," I announced, trying to hold back more tears.

"What? Why! I'm tired!" Gabby complained.

"Just, go get dressed!" I sighed in frustration.

"Fine. Geez," She muttered, walking up the stairs with Matt following behind her.

"Niall come help me?" Colton asked Niall in the cutest way possible. He looked at me and I shrugged with a tiny smile. They both went upstairs and I wiped the tears. I didn't want to see where the bullet hit my mom; I was mainly scared about losing her.

•••

"Excuse me, what room is Marie Jones in?" I politely asked, checking to make sure everyone was with me.

"The 5th floor, room 105." The lady replied, staring at her computer.

"Thank you," I thanked her as we walked down the long hallway. We stepped onto the elevator and Niall pressed the 5th floor.

"Why are we at a hospital?" Gabby asked. I glanced at Niall who was looking at me.

"Um, well, mom sorta got hurt." I fiddled with my hands.

"What! How?" She shrieked.

"Calm down, please, Gabby. She'll be fine." I reassured her.

"Is she hurt badly?" Matt asked.

"I don't know yet," I whispered.

"Then how do you know she's fine if you don't know how hurt she is?" Gabby babbled.

"Please, Gabby." I closed my eye as soon as the elevator door opened. Niall grabbed my hand with his free hand, considering he was holding Colton's hand with his other. I opened my eyes and smiled at Niall before we got off the elevator. Passing by rooms, we got to room 105. We walked in and my hand immediately flew up to my mouth.

She was laying on the hospital bed, unconscious.

"Mom?" I heard Gabby whisper. I walked over to her bed as everyone followed me. "What happened to her?" Gabby asked, tears running down her cheeks. I pulled her into a hug and ignored her question, afraid of what she might do if I answered truthfully.

"She'll be ok, Gabby," I whispered. I looked over at Matt who was sitting in the chair next to the bed. His head was bowed with a saddened expression. I glanced at Niall who was holding Colton in his arms.

"I'm sorry, Niall," I apologized, standing in front of him, holding my hands out to take Colton. I felt bad that my brother was too clingy on him; he might not be the one enjoying it.

"It's fine," He smiled, reassuring me that he didn't mind. My attention turned back to my mom laying on the bed. Her face was completely pale. The room was silent for the rest of our visit. We were told that she would wake any day. I'm just glad she is ok.

•••

"Colton, put that down," I demanded as I saw him pick up my phone.

"No," He giggled, fully grasping it and running away. I closed my eyes and groaned. I didn't want to get up because I would wake up Niall. His head was laying on my lap as he had fallen asleep during the spongebob movie Colton was supposed to be so engrossed in watching. He ran back in the room with a cheeky smile.

I held out my hand and cocked my head to the side with a serious face. He shook his head and giggled more.

"Why can't you go to sleep like Niall?" I asked him quietly, glancing down at Niall to make sure I hadn't woken him up. When I saw that his eyes were still closed, my gaze shifted back over to Colton who had walked over to me.

"Can I sleep with him?" He asked with a pouty face.

"Not tonight, babe. Let Niall rest, you've been around him all day," I told him, hoping I wouldn't make him upset. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and nodded. I looked down at Niall and gently shook him. He slowly awakened, opening his eyes. "We're going to bed. You and I can sleep in my moms room."

"Alright," He sighed and stood up.

"It's the first door on the right. You can go there now, I just need to put Colton to bed," I explained; I had gotten a tour of the house from Gabby while Niall had been playing with Colton. He nodded and kissed my cheek before walking up the stairs. I took my phone from Colton's ton hand and gestured for him to walk up the stairs. He followed my gesture and walked up the stairs with me behind him. We walked into his cute little room and he jumped onto his bed.

"We should do that every night!" He smiled at I tucked him under the covers.

"When you're older, Colton." I slightly laughed and kissed his forehead. "Goodnight, buddy." I murmured before standing up and walking over to the door. He mumbled a goodnight as I turned the light off. I walked out of his room and checked everybody else before walking into my moms room where I noticed Niall was passed out on the bed. I slowly slid under the covers and placed my head on the fluffy cold pillow.

My eyelids slowly closed as I was about to fall asleep when I heard shuffling. I felt a warm hand drape over my waist, pulling me into a hard chest. I slightly smiled to myself and drifted asleep.

__________________________
Still, I apologize for the long wait; writers block.

My birthday is in almost 50 days so my mom is gonna buy me a desk for my room and I'm saving up my money for a laptop so I could write a bit better :D

I'm so stressed about the first day of high school tomorrow. I'm definitely gonna get lost. The principle is convinced that the workers who built the school were drunk on the job because there are half floors and it's just too confusing; it's even more confusing if you look at the map:/ #HelpMe

ALSO, thank you so much for following my Instagram account, @Dedicated_To_Niall :D I have over 2000 followers :P aha <3