THIRTY-FIVE - THANK YOU.

^that's basically what they look like at the wedding^

Elizabeth had had only ever been to one wedding in her life, and that had not been a good experience for her. Her father had started yelling at her while she had been dancing with Harley, just because she didn't really have plans for the future.

That was at her sister Annie's wedding, and one week after Elizabeth's graduation. That was also when she gave up on trying to impress her dad and stopped pretending to be someone she just wasn't, she stopped caring about what everyone would think of her.

But nearly six years later she was dancing with her lovely boyfriend after watching her immature brother settle down with a wonderful woman. Billie would be good for John, Elizabeth knew that for sure.

"What are you thinking about?" Matthew asked her quietly, his hot breath hitting her ear as he leaned down so she could hear him. She shivered but smiled, he made her so happy.

"How Billie makes John a much better person," she mumbled and leaned back a little so he could see her smile. "And how you make me really, really happy."

Matt smiled and pecked her on the lips, not wanting to make out with her where her whole family could see them. "You make me really happy, too."

"Elizabeth Miranda!" Elizabeth's eyes widened when she heard her father's voice, as he was the only one who ever used her middlename and her first name. She stepped away from Matthew and turned to the extremely tall man, smiling politely.

"Father," she mumbled and nodded. Matt thought her reaction to seeing her dad was weird. Elizabeth's reaction to seeing her tiny mom was much different, though.

"Mommy!" Elizabeth smiled and threw her arms around her mother, hugging the chubby woman tightly. When she stepped back she grabbed Matthew's hand and gave him a smile. "Mom, father, this is Matthew. He's my boyfriend."

"Hello, mr. and mrs. West, it's nice to meet you," he said politely and stretched out his hand towards the older couple, but neither of them shook it.

"You can call me Moira, dear," Elizabeth's mother said and hugged him, catching him slightly off guard. Mr. West just gave him a disapproving glance. When the hugging had stopped, Moira smiled at her husband, but it didn't really reach her eyes.

"Elizabeth, I am really disappointed in you," he said. "You are twenty-four and you have no plans for your life, a life we paid for might I add."

"Father, I do have plans. My book just got published and I'm in the middle of writing the sequel," Elizabeth mumbled and looked down on her feet, an action Matt had never seen her do before. She was always so confident and happy, like a walking, talking sun.

"Authors are useless and I disapprove," mr. West said and glared at his youngest daughter. Matthew wanted to shoot him with an arrow.

"Excuse me, sir," he said angrily and placed his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. "Your daughter is amazing, and so is her work. Have you even read her book? No? I didn't think so. You, sir, are not a good father. You belittle your daughter, and it's not okay." Matt glanced at Elizabeth, smiling faintly. "She's the most amazing person I have ever met, and I'm in love with her. I wouldn't mind marrying her in the future, but I would mind seeing you like this - if we do get married - on our wedding. You are supposed to be there for your daughter, but, and I really hate to say this, you are a bad father."

Mr. West was about to yell at Matthew, Elizabeth could see that, but Moira pulled him down by his shoulder and whispered something in his ear, something that made him walk towards the bar.

"I am very sorry for his behavior, Elizabeth," she said to her daughter and kissed her cheek before turning to Matthew, making him feel very nervous. "Thank you for standing up for my daughter, Matthew. I hope you make her happy for a very long time." She extended her arms and embraced him again. "Welcome to the family, son."

When Moira had left, after kissing them both on the cheeks of course, Elizabeth turned to her boyfriend with flushed cheeks.

"You love me?" she asked with a smile as they returned to their dancing positions. Matt nodded. "I love you too, very much." After a while of dancing, she spoke again. "Thank you. For everything."

might be the end, might be the start of something. who knows? well, i do.
it's not the end, i'm not ready to say good bye to malizabeth yes

i have a new isabelle lightwood story if anyone is interested? it's called behind the mask and it's girlxgirl, the oc is izzy's parabatai and she's really good friends with alec
oh and malec will be very real in that story