Thirty-Five

Orianna

I stared down at my baby girl examining her features. As much as I wanted to say she looked like me, she was all her daddy.

It's been two days since I had given birth and I never knew how much I could love until I
Laid eyes on her.

Maleek, was at first scared to hold her, so he gawked at her from a distance.  It took a lot of persuading to get him to finally hold her and when he did he didn't want to let her go.

He damn near fought Nya when she tried to take Mel from him .

He hadn't left the hospital since I'd given birth. Besides to take a shower or grab food, he'd been here every step of the way, which I appreciated.

However, I didn't plan on jumping back in a relationship with him, he'd have to earn my trust back.

On que, Maleek busted through the hospital doors with bags of Chipotle.

He dropped the bags on my table before instantly reaching for Mel.

"Uhm no" I said rubbing my baby girls head, watching her smile in her sleep.

He looked at me like I had two heads causing me to roll my eyes.

"Wash your hands first " I slightly chuckled at his reaction .

He went to wash his hands and came back and grab her.

"Not even a week old and she already has you wrapped around her finger" I said biting into my burrito.

"Man, whatever Ori. She does not" he said .

"Alright hand her to me "

"Naw man, leave me and Mel alone. We chillen" he said causing me to laugh.

It's was an awkward silence until he spoke up.

"You know she comes home today" he said.

"You nervous " he continued on.

"I mean it will be my first time taking care of her on my own.. So yeah"

"It'll be alright, we got this" he said causing me to sigh.

"Maleek, I'm moving back with my mom" I said .

He just stared at me.

"You can come see her whenever-" he cut me off .

"Naw" he said raising his voice a bit causing Melina to stir in his arms.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not driving almost a hour and a half everyday to see my damn child Orianna" he replied.

"Besides, we already got a nursery ready" he continued growing irritated.

"That's not the point Maleek, I don't need to be living with you" I said

"Orianna, will you just put your damn feelings aside for once and think about what's best for Melina, what happened between us doesn't need to affect her in anyway, so dead the damn conversation "he said.