Chapter 14: Down the Hatch

The next morning I woke up the sound of rustling leaves, most likely someone just walking by, but the rustling was closer. I didn't move, luckily for me I slept on my side with my back facing the noise. I managed to slip the dagger I had out of my pocket just as the sound stopped and I could see the shadow above me. I gripped the knife tightly and slightly shifted my weight so I could properly launch myself at the person. I took a deep breath and launched only to find the attacker was Emma.

"Emma I'm so sorry! I didn't know it was you. I guess I forgot where I was. I-I thought I was back in Pan's camp"

"It's okay I get it. You've been through a lot the past few days, it's okay to be on the defensive"

"I really am sorry, but um is there a reason why you were trying to wake me up?"

"Oh right. Um, Regina was about to start my magic training I was wondering if you'd like to help?"

"I can't help you Emma?"

"You've been taught by your mom, you know what she's like. Maybe you can keep her in check, make sure she doesn't go overbroad"

"Sure I've got nothing better to do and we have to be prepared if Pan attacks. Oh and Emma don't take anything she says too personally"

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

"Focus. Concentration!" Mother once again shouted at Emma, inducing yet another eye roll from me.

Emma seemed to have had enough as she shouted back at mom "It's kind of hard when you're talking in my ear!" Well there goes my advice.

"And when the wind blows, or its raining, or someone's shooting arrows at you" Judging by the looks on their faces it's probably time for me to intervene.

I stood from my rock drawing Emma's attention, "That's the point Emma. Concentration is hard now find that anger and use it to focus." I lived up to my promise, helping Emma learn even though I've actually done nothing expect keep both of them from killing each other while Mary Margret and David watch from a distance.

"No. There has to be a way without going dark"

"You're such a pathetic waste of ability" I knew what she was doing. That's how she trained me, make the other person so emotional that they'll use their powers .

"And you're a monster!" Clearly Emma was being driven by emotion, not noticing the evident smell of smoke in the air.

"Smell that?" Mom questioned.

"What?" Emma shouted, fed up with today's training

"Smoke" I stated as I pointed to the small fire. Emma looked back at the fire with shock written all over her face.

Everyone was taking a little break from training Emma watching the fire in awe, Mom sitting on a rock clearly proud of her work, and me off to the side sharping my sword but that was when I noticed the hushed conversation between Hook, David, and Mary Margret. By the look on their faces it seemed rather important, but there was a noticeable tension between the three. I was stuck in between a rock and a hard place, I didn't want to get involved, but if they were keeping it a secret from the others then Peter might want to know. Knowing him this is probably his doing. I wasn't the only one that noticed their strange behavior because Emma and Mother went over to them. They were out of earshot, so I couldn't hear what was said until Mary Margret shouted something I never thought I would hear "Neal's Alive".

There was an uneasy tension between everyone and personally I didn't want anything to do with it, so naturally that's when they included me into the conversation "Amelia you've been in Pan's camp did you hear anything about Neal?" Questioned Mary Margret, who seemed the most persistent in searching for a dead man.