chapter 1

Ashlyn was nervous as heck. Since Hope Solo, THE Hope Solo, had been suspended for a while she had been called up to the national team camp to see if she can step up to take her position. Fresh out of college, she recently was also drafted to the spirit in the NWSL which was supposed to start next month and she didn't know anyone there either. Of course she idolizes everyone on the national team but she is walking in knowing no one personally but Whitney, her college teammate and roommate, but it was unlikely they would be rooming together at this camp. All of a sudden she was in front of Jill Ellis's office, she took a breath,collected her thoughts, and walked in.
"Hi Ashlyn, I'm so glad you decided to come. how was your flight?" asked an ecstatic coach Jill.
Ashlyn smiled
"It was great thanks. I'm so excited to be here"
"Alright some players have already gone to their rooms to hangout, let me find your room number and roommate, also today and tomorrow are free days to explore the area and get to know the team better. Here every night and morning we have a team breakfast and dinner both staring at 8. We already added you to the whole team group chat where we inform players about what's happening, the game schedules, and the starting lineups"
"Thank you"
"Alright here we go. you will be rooming with Ali Krieger in room 308, here is your room key"
"Thanks coach"
"You're very welcome, see you at the team dinner!"
"Bye".
Ashlyn went up to room 308 and just prayed that Ali Kreiger would like her because after all, this was going to be a tough and long camp.