Swelling Fears

The swelling on my wrist went down, but the bruises just became more noticeable. The green to yellow and some purple spots were the most sensitive of them all. I had never thought such a crazy man can bruise my wrist up so much. Jill had smuggled a bandage wrap from the medical room for my wrist, I'm glad I can depend on her after what had happened.

I was facing my door, the front door that I always unlocked for years; I have always felt happy to be in front of my front door, always ready to unlock it and rest. For the first time, I was actually fearing the action of opening my front door, waiting for the nightmares that lurk behind.

I turn unlock the door, twisting the knob. All rooms were dimmed, and once I closed the door everything became silent to me. This was a meaningless routine of constant fear that was unneeded but had no where to go.

"Hey beautiful, I was wondering when you'll be back," He walks in front of me from exiting the kitchen from my right.

I just look at him, letting my eyes tell it all.

"What's wrong love?" Joey's smirk turns into a concern expression.

"I've known you my whole entire life, Joey. I honest to god thought I knew you, always thought you were a nice guy. When did you start thinking that working with a fucking psycho ass murder would get you to succeed in life because hell, I would love to fucking know!" The volume grows louder the more I speak.

His eyes widen just the slightest, his hands running through his dark brown locks. He stares down on the white matte checked floor for 4.5 seconds, taking another to raise his head back up. "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have a feeling who screwed their little lies in your head," he says.

"You've got a hell lot of shit to explain to me, including the fact how you and Dan Howell know each other as if you two were brothers!" I yell loud enough for the whole United Kingdom to hear.

"You can't listen to him Bell! You said it yourself he's a complete psycho! A crazy person! A lunatic! Why the hell should you have the right to listen to him?!" Joey starts getting closer to me.

"Don't talk to me like that! Just answer my god damn question or I swear Joey, I will call the damn police," I hold out my phone.

"Fine, fine!" He throws his arm down from his head. "It all started years ago, a few weeks before we broke up. I knew Dan because I used to dorm with a friend of his, but Dan and I never met until a few months after I settled in.

On night Dan's friend invited me to hang out with them at a bonfire, not far from the campus; being a guy with nothing else to do on a Friday night, I said yes and joined. Dan never went to our college, but he snuck out of prison a bunch of times- I never knew that until after I met him.

During the bonfire we just did typical stuff like truth and dare..."

Truth and dare; the actual reason why Joey and I broke up.

"After ya' know after the whole thing, everyone started falling asleep; turns out Dan and I were the only ones fully awake. He then started asking me creepy questions like if I ever had thoughts about killing people and if I ever wondered what hell would be like. I didn't pay any mind to it, as it was really late so I thought he was probably a little woozy from drinking and tired. As the questions progressed, he asked me if I wanted to work for him. I told Dan I wasn't interested in another job at the moment, being in a relationship at the time, and studying my ass off, I couldn't be able to handle it.

Five months later I browse the internet, only to find an article on Dan getting caught and sent back to prison," Joey stops, his fingers twitching, head facing down.

I sigh, placing my phone back down. I was in no place to make such a rapid decision so I look at Joey with sincere eyes. I yawn, covering my mouth until I finish.

"Look, it's too late to talk more about this now. I need time to take this all in, I just got a fucked up wrist, and now my head hurts all to much. I'm gonna go change into pajamas, go to bed and just think about everything, okay?" I say, holding back another yawn.

Joey nods, "I understand, completely."

I walk away, heading to my room, leaving him by himself. Before I knew it, the silence soon came back, roaming around every spot it can take up.

✱✱✱

I lay on my side, tossing my blanket over my delicate body. It wasn't until a few minutes later I feel someone's presence right next to me. I try to turn around, to make sure it's him.

"Joey, I said I needed time to think," I mumble.

"Sh, sh, I won't bother or hurt you, I promise; just go back to bed I'm here to protect you," A familiar voice whispers, letting me go back to my previous position.

The figure brings it's hands to my back, making small circles using their fingers. They soon bring their arm around me, pulling me closer to them; I turn around facing him.

"Dan?" I whisper, stiffing up from his touch.

"I'm here, don't worry," he reassures.

I relax myself, shutting my eyes for a minute before opening them again, realizing I'm all by myself. For the first time in a while I actually felt safe, until remembering that we're mad people, and there's nothing I can do to be safely free from my mind, free from him.

— unedited again because im a horrible person & it's late. i'm sorry i haven't updated in a while, i've been busy studying for school and having slight writers block. there should be another chapter up at least by tuesday!

i love you all, and don't forget to vote/comment! xxx dumbpickle