~1~

Even when I'm gone, I just want to let you know that I'm especially for you.

That was what he said when he left for Korea. We were then 15 year olds and even at a young age, we learned how to love each other, even if it had to mean having to fight our own families to fight for our love.

Everyday, he would call me, text me and ask if I had already eaten my meals, if I was already sleeping, and even tell me how much he missed me.

That was how he was, Park Jinyoung, my boyfriend, or rather, ex-boyfriend.

It was then in the middle of winter here in Minnesota. It was freezing cold and I had to wear almost three of my thickest coats and two pairs of my black socks.

I was outside, at the park, where we usually meet up whenever we needed to see each other on weekends.

I was sitting on the bench when I received a text message from him. It said:

Who are you? Why are you on my boyfriend's contacts?

I was shocked to see the message. I wasn't expecting that, but I thought that maybe someone was playing with his phone, or maybe someone had mistaken his phone for theirs.

But nonetheless, I was still hurt. It seemed like a thousand knives was stabbed through my heart and I was having a hard time taking it all in. That him, Park Jinyoung, my boyfriend, was cheating on me.

I didn't reply but I received another text from him.

Sorry, it was my friend. He was just playing pranks on me. <3

The message made me calm a bit, but I wasn't sure if I could be more calm than before.

Well, he said that it was just his friend playing with his phone, like what I thought of.

Hopefully.

.

.

.

A year came and passed, I was digging through my messy room looking for a box that held a lot of my memories with Jinyoung. As I squinted my eyes looking at a shining glittery box hiding under my bed, I quickly picked it up and opened it.

I smiled as I held onto a picture where we both did piggy noses. Another one showed that we were standing in front of a large poster of the Han river; we've always wanted to go there especially that it was in Korea where we were both born, but of course, my parents emigrated here in Minnesota and eventually, I grew up here.

As I picked up a crumpled paper that was laying at the bottom of the box, I nearly shed a tear in my eyes. On it, was written:

As long as you know that I love you, even when I'm gone, I'll be there for you.

I nearly cried because I thought that he was going to be the 'one', but I thought wrong.

It was then two months after, he didn't call me, nor text me and I was worrying if something bad had happened to him. I was depressed and I didn't know what to do except to pray to God that he would be safe.

Then after three months, four months, five, six, seven, even after his birthday had passed, he didn't contact me. I was so desperate to go to Korea to see if he was alright.

I asked his friends here if they were still in contact with him, but unfortunately, there weren't anymore.

My Motorola rang that time, and it was my friend calling. She said that she was already two blocks near my house, and at that time, we were going to have an interview for college.

Sigh.