Drama 5: Erza

Erza P.O.V

3 years ago

"You two are so cute together!"

Those were the words Jella and I heard our entire lives. At first, it made us happy, being best friends and all, but as we got older, it began to annoy us. People automatically assumed we were in love with each other because we were so close, but in reality, we never wanted to be more than friends, or so that's what I thought.

As children, everyone said we would get married and live happily ever after, but we didn't want that--he didn't want that.

Determined to break away from the fate others were placing us under, Jellal began to date every girl he could. He became a hopeless romantic.

He was in multiple relationships, claiming each girl he dated was "the one." I was happy for him, but one day, it began to annoy me, the fact he was with every girl but me.

I never knew why the unexplainable rage would consume me when I saw him with other girls, but when I figured it out, tears began to leave my eyes and my heart broke in two. I was in love with Jellal.

Jellal and I stood in front of our new high school. We were first years, naive to the world around us.

"Erza-chan...highschool is gonna be the year we find love."

My heart ached as I watched his smiling face. I quickly put on a tough front and rolled my eyes. "You're such a hopeless romantic. Hopefully, you'll grow out of that soon," I said while walking ahead.

"Erza-chan, you're so mean~"

Mean? Was I being mean?

He quickly caught up with me and stood by my side. "Don't worry Erza-chan, no matter what happens, you'll always be my best friend."

It was painful. Painful to be in love with my best friend.

"Yeah...we'll always be best friends."

Best friends...we'll only ever be best friends...

It was seven in the morning and I was waiting outside the school, ready to help the incoming Freshmen. I placed my black coat over my shoulders and looked over at the busy streets in excitement.

"Today is our last year here...are you excited, Jellal?"

When I heard no reply, I looked over to him to find him sleeping while standing. I placed my hand on my temples and rubbed them in annoyance. "JELLAL!" I yelled, causing him to wake up.

"Huh?! Wha--oh! Reporting for duty, Scarlet taichou!" (Japanese for Captain/leader/commander)

"Jellal, were you just sleeping on the job?"

"Uh...maybe?"

I then smacked him over the head, "Idiot!"

His lip started to shake as he rubbed his head, "You're so mean Erza-chan~"

"Jellal, you need to--" I was then interrupted by a small voice.

"Excuse me...uh...do you know where the freshman orientation is?"