"Nice to meet ya! I'm Matthew and I'm 5." He smiled back. "You're really short." He teased her, as he patted the top of her head gently because he didn't want to hurt her.

"You're really tall." She looked up, she reached up and patted the top of his head like what he did to her and gently too.

"Girls like boys who are tall." He smiled and raised his eyebrows.

"Eww!" Jannalyn laughed and ran away from him cause you know 'boys have cooties.'

"Come back here shortie!" They giggled as Matthew chased Jannalyn around the park.

Monday August 4, 2003-

Matthew: 6 years old
Jannalyn: 5 years old

"Hi shortie!" Matthew appeared in Jannalyn's room.

"Hi Matty!" Jannalyn was so excited to see him, it's been like a week since they hung out since Matthew lived far far away from her. She ran up to him and hugged him tight around his waist because it's been so long and she missed him so much.

"I have great news!" He grinned. He plopped down on her bed.

"You have ice cream?!" She gasped. Jannalyn's favorite food is ice cream if you can tell.

"No silly." He laughed and he shooked his head at her silly comment. "I moved into a new house!" He yelled smiling really really big.

"Oh." She sat on her bed next to him and sadly pouted.

"But the exciting part is.. I live next to you now!" He got up on her bed and jumped up and down.

"Really?" She covered her mouth with her small hand as she gasped. He nodded his head really fast excitedly. 

"See!" He pointed out the window to the other window which is now he's new his room. His parents were inside moving in his stuff.

"Yay!" She screamed then jumped on her bed with him together.

"Best friends forever?" He asked her while he stopped jumping and panted really loudly.

"Best friends forever!" She nodded then they both continued jumping on her bed with big happy smiles on their faces.

Friday August 12, 2005-

Matthew: 8 years old
Jannalyn: 7 years old

"Matty I'm scared.." Jannalyn held on to his hand and hid behind his back.

"Scared of what, shortie?" He whispered.

"What if they don't like us?" She asked him.

Jannalyn and Matthew were now going into 3rd grade and that day was their first day of school. How exciting.

"They don't need to like us, shortie. We have each other." He turned around to meet her gaze and hugged her as he confronted his best and only friend.

"Best friends forever, remember?" She smiled at him. She suddenly felt okay now, like she was not scared anymore. All thanks to Matty, her best friend.