Mr and Mrs Denver p4

You don't know what you were expecting this party to be like, maybe more like a nightclub but this was the complete opposite. It was over the top fancy, with quaint music playing softly in the background. There was a mountain of food in every corner plus waiters wandering around with platters. Every person looked disgustingly rich and you could tell everyone was judging everyone else. Couples were clutched to each other with their noses high, murmuring gossip to each other in their ears. You felt out of place immediately even though you were donned head to foot in jewellery.
"Kill me now." You muttered under your breath as the two of you wandered inside. "You'll be fine." Solo replied as he wrapped an arm tightly around your waist.
"Hors dévores Ma'am, Sir?" A waiter asked politely. You were about to reach for a delicious looking one when you glanced around realising none of the women were eating. "No, thank you." You sighed frustratingly forcing a smile onto your lips. "Darling would you like one?" You asked Solo.
"Yes please, they look so enticing." He spoke and you resisted a snort at his words. Wordlessly you took a cracker with some sort of dip on it and held it up to his mouth. He opened up and you popped it into his mouth before turning back to the waiter.
"Do you know where we can get drinks?" You asked the waiter as Solo chewed.
"The bar's over in the right corner." He smiled before leaving you to attend to someone else. As you watched him walk away you spotted your target.
Vivienne. She was gorgeous, no doubt about it. She was tall, slim, tanned and blonde. She looked intimidating and fierce even from this far away. Unfortunately for you, she was already staring at you and Solo. The two of you made eye contact for an awkward moment. You sent her a small smile and silently started to panic as she made your way towards the two of you.
"Honey, why don't you go and get us some drinks?" You murmured, looking up at Solo slightly widening your eyes. He caught on to what you were indicating when he glanced past your shoulder to an approaching Vivienne.
"Of course darling." He murmured huskily, placing a kiss to your cheek before heading off in the direction of the bar. You watched his receding figure, making sure to put on an endearing smile when a cough from behind you caused you to stiffen.
You tried to brush it off and swung around, coming face to face with Vivienne.
"Hello, I'm Vivienne, I don't believe we've met." She smiled sweetly sticking out a perfectly manicured hand.
"No I don't believe we have, I'm Eloise Denver it's great to meet you." You grinned shaking her hand lightly.
"Is that an American accent I hear?" She asked.
"Yes it is, I suppose I really do stick out like a sore thumb here." You say laughing lightly.
"So what brings you to Brussels?" She queried as she took a sip of her drink.
"Oh well, my husband Christian is an art dealer you see and his company is after a few new artworks for their display. Christian is the best in the company so they sent him here to acquire the best art he can find. And of course being the incredible husband he is well he just said to his boss that he would flat out refuse to go if he couldn't take me." You gushed, before letting out a faint giggle.
Vivienne just hummed before taking another sip of her drink.
"Darling, I got you a chardonnay is that fine?" Solo's voice suddenly spoke and you turned to see him offering you a glass of wine.
"Yes thank you honey." You smiled, pecking his cheek.
It was then that you 'remembered' that Vivienne was there.
"Oh gosh I'm so sorry, how rude of me." You gasped. "Sweetheart this is Vivienne, the host of the party. Vivienne this is Christian my husband." You explained.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Solo grinned charmingly, grabbing her hand and placing a kiss on the top of it.
"The pleasure's all mine." She smiled and you wanted to gag.
"We were just talking about you actually." Vivienne explained. "All good things I hope." Solo mused turning to look at you as you giggled.
"Yes, we were just talking about how you are an art dealer, that must be interesting." Vivienne spoke, a twinkle in her eye and you knew that was your cue to exit.
"Yes-" Solo began.
"Sorry to interrupt." You cut in before turning to Solo. "Honey I'm just going to duck to the ladies room, I won't be a moment." You explained and he nodded his head. Out of the corner of your eye you could see Vivienne watching you two, a smirk on her face.
Something about that really pissed you off, you knew the minute you left she would be all over him like a nasty rash. It wasn't that you liked him it was just the general morality of it that disgusted you. It made you sick thinking about all the couples that had been torn apart by her.
You leaned up, smashing your lips to his catching him by surprise. It wasn't necessary but you wanted to do it just to show her that he was yours, well more or less.
"I love you, I'll see you in a second." You smiled sweetly as you pulled away.
"Love you too." He murmured and with that you sent Vivienne an over the top fake smile before spinning on your heels and waltzing towards the restroom.
That'll show her.