Chapter 11

Shadow's POV:

I skimmed over the pages of his file. 'Hmm height... Weight...gender...color... Age...ugh nothing in here is of use to me!' I growled under my breath as I tossed the folder next to me on the couch.

I hunched over and put my head in my hands as I let out an annoyed sigh. My gaze somehow managed to return back to the manilla folder and the longer my attention stayed on the folder the more rage seemed to build up inside of me.

I growled as I picked up the folder, bunching it up slightly in my fist, as I brought it up to my face, "You useless hunk of papers!" I cursed before flinging the useless thing across the room.

I stood up from my seat and began pacing my small personal space pondering on where all of Sonic's real information is. I ran a hand through my top head quill as I turned my head slightly and looked at the slightly mangled folder and its scattered contents on my floor.

I sighed and grumbled a small cursing under my breath as I bent down on one knee and began picking up the useless papers.

As I stood up with the folder though a certain paper, that I hadn't noticed before, caught my attention. It was torn in the corner almost like it had been ripped out of somewhere and had slid out from a small hidden pocket in the folder and was labeled 'Latest Data On Experiment A13B2'

I arched an eyebrow at this as I stared at the page to figure out what it was. I let out a curious and slightly interested grunt as I soon found out that this was not just a normal data sheet, but actually more like a journal entry.

The page caught my attention as I skimmed through the packet it was labeled with a black heading that said 'Data Entry #256: Experiment A13B2' I sat back down on my couch as I began to read it hoping that maybe this could shed some light on a few things.

(Page From Packet)

June 23, 1991

I've done it! I can't believe it but I did it! A second copy of my first experiment. I have been working long and hard for many years on this prototype, tweaking and improving anything that I missed or did not include in my first experiment. I even included some of the DNA from my first experiment into this one to give it maximum potential and also for it to be less likely to fail at anything I order it to do. I did not expect for it to turn out so similar in appearance as my first experiment though, but when it comes to creating lifeforms I guess you can't control everything. He rests now in one of my rehabilitation capsules awaiting for my command for him to fulfill his duty. I have given him the ability to reach unimaginable speeds and strength that not even a thousand men would even bother to compete with. He has the brains and slyness of a fox and the quick reflexes of a cheetah. I even managed to include a bit of emotion in him as well, unlike the first one. I made him have a deep royal blue fur and bright dazzling green eyes to represent his loyalty and trustworthiness to me as one of my fellow minions and weapons of mass destruction that I plan to release on the planet known as earth. I was thinking that I might even give this one a name as well just becasue he has caught my interest so much but for now I shall just focus on getting him trained. I think I'll let my first experiment handle that.

Sincerely,
~Gerald Robotnik

I let out a deep sigh as I let the paper fall in my lap as I leaned back with my hand on my forehead and an astonished looked painted on my face. "Well this is a little more than what I expected to find!" I huffed out as I ran my fingers through my quills again, but yet something still plagued me.

'If this 'second copy' that was mentioned in this paper is Sonic and if he was created by the professor then why don't I remember anything about him? I'm pretty that with someone like Sonic in my life it would be hard to forget him so why did I?'

I scrunched up my forehead as I stroked my chin trying to come up an answer. ' I obviously have a lot more exploring to do, I'm just glad I took the time to remember the commander's filing cabinet combination' I chuckled at this as I began to devise a plan to get the commander away from his office so that I can continue with my snooping-I mean research

Meanwhile With Rouge and Sonic ( Rouge's POV)

I had just opened the door to Shadow's room not expecting to see much more then the usual things such as his bed...maybe a dresser or two possibly... He's not much of the homie type to I don't expect much, but what surprised me was the squirming bundle of...something on his bed. Whatever it is though I'm gonna find out.

I slowly made my way over to the bed and reached out and began to pull the black comforter off of the to be determined intruder.

I froze in my actions thought as a pair of eyes that I haven't seen in ages locked with mine. My voice was trapped in my throat for the longest time until I finally managed to choke out something pretty much audible. "B-Big B-Blue is that you?!"

He started me a bit as he flinched and yelped a bit as he took the comforter out of my grasp and tried to bury himself in it again. I lifted it up to where is head was barely poking out and all I could see was the top of his head down to the tip of his nose. His green jaded eyes locked with mine again as I lifted him up into my arms and gave him a warm embrace. "H-Hi R-Rouge" he stammered out as he squirmed but then began to settle down in my arms.

Sonic's POV

Rouge caught me by surprise when she picked me up for a hug like that. I had to fight back hard to swallow my scream and urge to crawl into a ball. Heh, I guess Shadow is making some progress on me.

Anyways I managed to choke out a small greeting as she held me closer to her chest. I felt something weird on my shoulder. It was starting to get moist like someone was dripping water on it or something. I began to feel uneasy about it until finally Rouge removed me from her death grip and I was able to get a good look at her face.

She was crying and this surprised me. I pointed a shaky finger to her cheek as I watched a tear roll down it and I whispered a small, " y-your face... ". " Huh? Oh I bet your wondering why I'm crying huh blue... well I know it's hard to believe but even big tough girls like me cry at somethings Hehe" she chuckled as she tried to wipe them away and calm down a bit. She then redirected her attention back to me after she finally managed to stop and also fix her smeared mascara and eyeliner in Shadow's bathroom.

She took a seat next to me on the bed and got comfortable before asking a question that I really wish she would have refrained from asking," Blue where have you been? " I whimpered knowing that this was going to happen sooner or later so I sat up as straight as my nimble body would allow me to and sighed knowing that this was gonna be a long day.