Chapter 1

It was another long day for Cheryl at X Factor, bootcamp was horrendous, it was mentally exhausting. She had to turn away so many people, crushing their dreams in the process. It was a nostalgic day for her, thinking about what could have happened to her many many years ago.

She had finally made it home kicking off her shoes at the front door, next to the boxes packed ready to move out. She sighed and walked into the kitchen and straight to the kettle to turn it on for a cup of tea. This house didn't feel like home anymore, not with a marriage coming crashing down around her, again. She had called for a divorce to JB for numerous reasons, but she was just fed up with the way he treated her and then the way she would treat him back. There was no love there, she thought there was. She had gotten carried away and believed he was the one, but again it turned out she was wrong. He was jealous, he was angry and he was controlling. She didn't want to put up with it anymore so she didn't. The divorce hadn't been made public yet, she wanted to wait till the X Factor was over so the attention wasn't on her during.

She picked up her phone from the side and started going through her Instagram comments, replying to her fans. It was one of the best things about her job, she got to speak to her fans regularly and she absolutely adored them all. Once she had replied to a few, the kettle was ready so she left her phone and made herself a cup of tea. She must admit, she was so much happier now that her marriage was over, it was like a huge weight had lifted off her shoulders. He really wasn't the man he made himself out to be.

She took her mug upstairs and into the bedroom she used to share with him, she only had 2 more days here alone before she finally moved out fully, and she couldn't wait. She quickly got changed for bed and took her makeup off before tucking herself into bed with her cup of tea and switching her TV on.

Her phone started beeping on the side so she picked it up to see a message from Kimberley.

Kimba: Hey babes, just checking in with you! How did today go? Did you keep it together? I really wanted to text you 24/7 to make sure you were okay but Justin kept reassuring me that you would be fine! If you weren't I'm off to slap him haha xxxxx

Cheryl: Hey boo thang, how's my little prince doing ? Today went surprisingly well actually, long, very long. But I held it together and just got on with it. It was actually easy compared to last year, I didn't have as many acts thank god !! You can tell Justin he's safe from your slaps lmao xxxxx

The pair continued texting until Kimberley decided it was best to actually sleep as it was nearing 3am and Bobby had finally gone to sleep, leaving Cheryl to turn her phone over, turn off the lights and snuggle into her warm bed finally getting some much needed sleep after two full days of X Factor.

***

Cheryl didn't wake up till around noon the next day, she didn't have many lay ins but today she didn't have anything to do other than pack up a few more things to move out. JB had already moved back to France a few weeks ago and she couldn't have been happier. She had been hanging out with her close friends and friends outside of her circle again, being with JB made that difficult.

A few friends had text her and invited her to a BBQ in a few days and she honestly couldn't wait. She felt like her old self again, ready to socialise with others and not be constantly on guard about what her husband would say about it. She pulled herself out of bed and showered, getting herself ready for the day of packing.

She had two more rooms to pack up by the time it got to 4pm that evening. She was exhausted doing this by herself, regularly taking a break to talk to her fans as they really did put her in a better mood. She was just about to carry on packing when a text came through.

Liam: Hey Chez, I was wondering if you'd been invited to that BBQ my manager is hosting? Please say you are because I miss you, you crazy fool 😘 xx

She chuckled quietly to herself as she made a reply.

Cheryl: Hey babes, yeah I'm going! I cannot wait to stuff my face with real food, I've been living off takeaways these past days and it's driving me crazy 🙄 aw I miss you too, how longs it been??xx

Cheryl and Liam had worked together on her album the year earlier and they got on like a house on fire, constantly cracking jokes, winding each other up, just having a fun time in the studio.

Liam: You little pig 🐷, why you living off takeaways? It's been like what 5 months or something??? 🤔 Either way it's been way too long, we need a catch up session xx

Cheryl: A catch up session? What are you, a girl? 😂 But I agree, we definitely do! Haha, I'm moving out so I literally have packed away all the kitchen stuff!! As if it's been 5 months, that's crazy xx

Liam: Yes I am a girl thanks! Eh? Why you moving out? Is everything okay? xx

Cheryl: I'll explain it all to you when I see you babe, but I've gotta carry on packing if I'm gonna finish in a decent enough time 😂 speak soon xx

Cheryl put her phone back on the table and continued to pack up the remainder of the house. She had finally finished and was on the way to her best friend/assistants house for a much needed healthy meal but with a bottle of wine too.

"Chezzabella" Lily said as she squeezed Cheryl tight.

"You haven't called me that in ages, only Nic calls me that these days"

"I thought I would change it up a bit" Lily smirked and led Cheryl into her flat she shared with her boyfriend. "Aw I missed you"

"Lily, you literally saw me yesterday, are you feeling okay?" Cheryl laughed as she sat at her breakfast bar.

"Yeah but that's different, we were working and we didn't get chance to gossip like we usually do because X Factor is so full on"

"Yeah I know, tell me about it"

"So you finished your packing?"

"Yep everything's done and ready, I can finally move out" Cheryl laughed, causing Lily to frown at her.

"How do you really feel about it Chez? You know you can talk to me" Lily asked concerned for her best friend, she'd seen her heartbroken too many times and she hated it.

"Honestly? I've grieved the marriage, I had my break down a few weeks ago, and now I really feel great!" Cheryl smiled.

"I'm glad to hear it Chez, you know where I am time and day"

"And vice versa, anyway where's that hunk of a man of yours?"

"He's training still" Lily laughed.

"Aw that's annoying, I like poking fun of him"

"That's probably why he's not here, because he knows you would be here" Lily smirked.

"Oi flowerpot that's not very nice" Cheryl gasped.

"Deal with it" Lily poked her tongue at her as she turned around and prepared their dinner.

The two thoroughly enjoyed their salmon, new potatoes and vegetables, Cheryl especially due to eating junk food the past few days.