| 1 | The Relatively Unknown |

A/N: Hi and hello my fellow readers. Welcome to the continuation of the 'ALPHA' Series. For book one, It's called 'The Alpha's Runaway Mate'.

Hope you enjoy the new version of Alpha's Choice.

___________________

| Madison Cloud |

When I'm reborn, how will I change?

Will there be any changes at all, or will I morph into someone completely different? Will the overall experience be too overwhelming, or will the anticipation come like a warm hug on a winter's day?

There's a lot to take in and consider in one's life as it is, not including the other factors. I should feel at my prime right now. My sixteenth birthday is just around the corner. I can get my driver's license soon, college admissions preparations start next year, but somehow I feel off. As if my cup was filled to the brim and is going to overflow any minute now and I don't know when, where, why or how. What could it be? This feeling is uncertain and uncalled for. It's like having a bad toothache and having to wait for a week until you're able to see your dentist. No matter how much I try to figure out what it could be, it could most likely be something completely unrelated to anything I've thought of, either way there's nothing much I can do at this moment but just see how things turn out and wish for the best.

"Alright then, before we finish, what can any of you tell me about Macbeth?" Ms. Genao asked as she cleaned the board behind her. "Anyone?"

Bringing my attention back to class, I hear small chuckles and annoying murmurs from the back of the classroom. "Carter, who was Macbeth written by?"

That's easy, Shakespeare, but I won't say anything. I kept my eyes glued to the gum on the back of Sarah's sweater, thinking how unlucky it would be if she were to sit back all the way.

"Is it me, or is the bell taking extra long to ring today?" Jade whispered. I grinned as Cole cocked his head back and looked at both Jade and I agreeing with his eyes. Knowing better than to speak, for if he did, Ms. Genao would pick on him next.

"Uhm, Leonardo Dicaprio?"

The class erupted in fits of laughter as Ms. Genao shook her head disappointingly. "Anyone else?" She asked, crossing her arms, leaning against her desk as her eyes scanned every face in her front of her. "Madison, please enlighten us." I snickered and inwardly sighed.

"Eh," I cleared my throat, sending a glare in Jade's direction as she tried to hide her smile. "Shakespeare."

"Great, please elaborate more on this piece to ease my soul, Madison." Everyone rolled their eyes at me and I just sighed and took in a deep breath.

"Macbeth is a stage play as a tragedy. It is one of several Shakespeare plays in which the protagonist commits murder." I summaries just as the bell rings, saving the day.

"Exactly. Thank you, Maddy. Everyone, we will start a new section in class next week, so start reading pages 56 to 74." I don't think anyone heard her as we all jumped from our seats and dashed out the door. I, for one, couldn't wait to get out of there.

"Of course, dorky-know-it-all Maddy would know the answer." Cole teased as his shoulder bumped me. I hiked my bag over my shoulder and bumped him back. "It's not my fault. I know about things other than sports or nail polish. Plus, how many times have you taken this class again, Cole?" I tease back, raising an eyebrow.

Cole Reed, also known as the Alpha's son. He's two years my senior, a senior in high school too. He's the world's biggest busybody, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't blame him. If I looked like he did, things would be different, too. Short black, curly hair with a set of emerald eyes along with a nicely built body from the excess runs and workouts with the pack. He claims to be a big bad ass at school, but I know him like the back of my hand. He's a complete softy and an airhead who prefers The Fault in Our Stars over American Psycho. That's why I have a crush on him, but he'll never know.