Chapter 26

Luke's p.o.v:

Dani throw herself out of the bed and ran out of the room. I grabbed Emma and Luke and met Dani in the car. We got Luke and Emma in their car seats and started making our way to the hospital as fast as possible.

From the passenger seat, Dani had her head in her hands and I can silently hear her crying. "He's going to be fine, Dan"

"How do you know that?"

I shook my head. "I don't"

When we got to the hospital, I grabbed Dani's hand stopping her from getting out. "Go, go inside. I'll get them" she looked at me for a second then got out of the car. I got Emma and Luke out and brought them to Dani. She was at the front desk.

"I'm looking for Calum Hood" She told them. The woman type on the computer for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, he's in surgery right now. You're going to have to wait" Dani just walked away and sat down. Luke let go of my hand and ran to her. She pick him up and sat him on her lap.

"Thank you" I said to the woman and walked over to Dani and sat next to her with Emma on my lap.

"What the hell happen? I can't lose him, Luke" Dani cried.

"I'm right here for you Dani. Just have hope and everything will be fine" She nodded.

------------------------------------

2 hours have passed and still nothing. Luke and Emma have fallen asleep. I feel bad for them, they have no idea what's going on. Dani hasn't said anything, just stared down at Luke, maybe because he looks just like his father and that's all she's thinking about right now.

"Calum Hood?" Dani head shot up. She held Luke close to her and ran over to the doctor. I got up slowly not to wake Emma up.

"Is he alright?!" She asked.

"What is your relation to him?" He asked her.

"What? I'm his girlfriend/sister" She said.

"You're his girlfriend and his sister?" The doctor asked confused.

"I don't tell you how to run your life! And I'm his step sister, now tell me is he alright?!" She yelled. I've never seen her like this, it was hot.

Shut up, Luke. You can't be with her, I told myself.

"He has a broken leg and some minor cuts and bruises" The doctor told us.

"What exactly happen?" I asked.

"From what I was told, he was speeding and went through a red light. He got hit by an on coming truck, his car flipped over a few time. He's got cuts from the glass and he hit his head hard on the impact. He's unconscious at the moment, but we don't know when he's going to wake up. He's lucky to be alive. You can see him now if you like" and he walked away.

We made our way to his room and Dani stopped right outside of his door. "He's fine Dani, lets go in" She hesitantly opened the door. Dani gasp as soon as she saw him. He had some cuts on his face and arms. You can see the bruises forming on his arms. Dani laid Luke down on the couch. She pulled a chair up to him and grabbed his hand. You could see the tears in her eye. I put Emma down next to Luke and walked over to her.

"He looks so broken" Dani said, looking at him.

"Mommy?" We turned our heads to the couch and Luke was sat up rubbing his eyes. He got up off the couch and came over to us. He wanted to see what we were looking at, so I picked him up. "What's wrong with Daddy?"

"He got hurt, Buddy. He's going to be okay, that's why he's sleeping" I told him. He rested his head on my shoulder and looked at his father.

For some reason, I hope Calum wakes up soon. I don't know how the kids will be if they lose him. Dani will slowly stop talking, she did that when her dad left, when she couldn't see him. They need him, as much as I hate to admit it.

*One Month Later*

Dani's p.o.v:

It's been a month and nothing. It's been hard without Calum. Emma won't say anything and Luke has been acting up. They've been driving me crazy, I just want to crawl in a hole and cry.

When Ashton and Michael found out what happen, Ashton wouldn't leave hospital for 2 weeks. Michael had to drag him home, same with me. I don't want to leave, but I had too. Calum's dad didn't visit him that much, he said he couldn't see his son in pain. We keep him updated, my mom said he cries every time she mention his name, I feel so bad for him.

I visit him every day with the twins. No one ever says a word. We were going today after lunch, Luke wanted to come with us this time, he didn't get home for another 2 minutes, and so that's when we were going to go.

Lukey😋: I'm outside, just come out.

"Luke! Emma! We're leaving" I yelled. Luke came downstairs walked passed me. Emma soon came down holding her shoes out to me cause she couldn't tie them yet. I finish tying her shoes and I looked up at her. Her eyes were glassy. I picked her up and hugged her. "It's okay, Em. I miss him too" I felt her nodded into my shoulder. I got her in the car and I went to sit in the passenger seat.

"Michael texted saying him and Ash are going to visit him today too. So they're going to meet us there" Luke said as I got in. I nodded and he started driving.

We got to the hospital and Ashton and Michael were already there. I sat in the chair next to Calum's bed like I always do. His cuts and bruises were slowly fading away, and his leg was healed, so he didn't have to wear a cast anymore. Emma was on the couch with Michael and Luke was holding Luke cause he wouldn't sit still. Ashton hasn't said a word, he just stared deeply at Calum. I don't blame him though, they've been friends forever. I'd be the same if it was Luke.

I looked back at Calum and grabbed his hand like always. "Please, please come back to me. I need you, we need you" I whispered to him, then lean forward and kissed his forehead. I lean back in the chair and looked down. Then, I felt something squeeze me hand. I looked at my hand and then Calum. I felt it again. "Calum?" He started groaning and let go of my hand.

"Ash, go get the doctor" Luke said and Ashton ran out the door. We all looked at Calum.

He rubbed his eyes and looked around the room until his eyes landed on me. He looked at me confused. "Dani?" His voice was raspy and cracked a little when he spoke.

Ashton soon came back with the doctor. All eyes were on him. "Calum, so glad you're a wake. How do you feel?" The doctor asked.

Calum groaned trying to sit up. "Like I got hit by a bus" He said.

"More like a truck" I heard Luke say.

"Do you remember anything that happen?" The doctor asked him. Calum shook his head. "Do you remember anyone here?" He looked around and nodded.

"I do, but I have one question" Calum said.

"What would that be?"

"Who are the kids?" Our eyes widen, when he said that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calum's alive!!!!

*Comment and Vote*