"Aw, baby, that's okay. It looks cute," I said, looking down at the pancake. He snorted. "Yeah, whatever."

"No I'm serious, it's cute," I told him as I set Malia back down on the ground. "Mommy! I wanna help!"

"Okay baby girl, you gotta wait. You can help put the toppings on the pancake after they're done."

"Yay!" She cheered. I smiled as I bent down and kissed her cheek. "In the meantime, why don't you go to your room and play for a little?"

"Okay mommy," She smiled, before she ran out of the kitchen. "Was she up when you checked up on her?"

"Yeah," Sean answered. "She was playing with her Barbie dolls."

I heard the ringing of a phone come from Sean and I's bedroom. "Momma, your phone is ringing!"

"I'm coming!" I said as I began making my way out of the kitchen. I walked down the hallway, all the way to the bedroom. I walked inside the bedroom and quickly made my way to the nightstand, where my phone was.

I unplugged my phone from its charger and quickly answered the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ana! I wanted to know if you can bring Lia over to Derek's place. I arrived from New York last night and I am dying to see my goddaughter!"

"Of course Lianne! What time should I bring her over?"

"Whenever you can. The sooner the better."

"Uh, okay. We're going to eat breakfast right now, but after she eats and gets ready, I'll head over there. Sound good?"

"Yes! Perfect! See you soon."

"Alright, bye Lianne."

"Bye!"

I pulled my phone away from my ear and pressed the end call button. I placed my phone back onto my nightstand and walked out of the bedroom. I walked down the hallway and back into the kitchen, where Sean was finishing the last of the pancake batter.

"Malia! You can come help now!" I yelled from the kitchen. "I'm coming! I'm coming! I'm coming!" She repeatedly said as I heard quick small footsteps rush into the kitchen.

She dragged her step stool beside me and got on it. "Okay, what kind of toppings do you want?" I asked her as I set a pancake down on her plate.

"Hm." She tapped her index finger on her chin as she thought about what she wanted to put on her pancakes. "I want Nutella and strawbabies on my pancake."

I let out a small laugh as I heard her pronunciation of strawberries. I heard Sean laughing as well. "Princess, it's strawberries not strawbabies," Sean smiled as he set the plate of pancakes on the counter.

"But daddy, that's what I said! Strawbabies!" I smiled as I finished spreading the Nutella onto her pancake. "Alright baby girl, you can put on some strawbabies now."

"Okay!" She said as she began to place a few strawberries onto her pancakes. Once she was finished, I took both her plate and my plate and set it down on the table.