Chapter 1

I decided to treat myself to a day of hiking around a familiar park, Enchanted Rock. As always I wore a hat with ear flaps, sunglasses, fake teeth covers, and just in case, colored contacts. You see, I'm not human, at least not fully human. Some people might refer to me as a "neko". I have rich green cat eyes, black cat ears on the top of my head, a tail, fangs, and retractable claws. My hands look normal, so I don't need gloves, I think everything else is self explanatory. On with the story! It was quite hot out, and  I wished I didn't need the hat. I couldn't hear anyone nearby, but I can't take the risk. I sat down in the shade of a tree to rest for a bit. I drank some water from my bag and looked around. I suddenly heard something go whizzing by and felt my hat go flying. I made my ears stay folded against my head as I jumped up to find my hat.
"Sorry about that," called a voice. I ignored them and ran over to my hat. It was stuck to a tree via the arrow piercing through it. I yanked the arrow out of the tree and grabbed my hat. I quickly stuck the hat back on my head as footsteps approached. A man with short brown hair appeared, he was holding a bow. "I'm so sorry," he apologized, "I didn't see you. I should have been paying better attention. Forgive me?" I nodded slightly and began to walk away from him. He followed me, "Let me make it up to you. My name's Clint. What's yours?"
"Shadow," I murmured. Fuck off.
"Interesting name," he raised an eyebrow, "what's with the hat? It's like a hundred degrees out here."
"It keeps my head from turning into a hot plate," I sighed. Go away
"Ear flaps," he pointed out.
"Sunburn," I deadpanned.
"Oh," he whispered.
I turned my head to stare behind us, and stopped walking.
Clint turned confused, "what's up?"
"I can hear something. It's mechanical," I replied. It was true, a machine was headed our way fast. Clint raised an eyebrow and shrugged. A glinting form appeared on the horizon.
"What the hell," Clint blinked, "you were right." We stood in silence watching the form grow. Mere moments later he shot past us, turning a loop to slow down. Iron man. Shit more people. He lander and walked over, face plate retracting.
"Hey, birdie," he smirked at Clint, "boss man wants you at base for an assignment."
"How am I going to get there," Clint scoffed, "piggyback?"
"Nah, he needs the whole team and you were the last to be found so.." Tony shrugged. I heard a engine approach. A jet flew in and landed softly on the trail. Then it turned visible.
Clint seemed surprised, "Blackbird!" The back of the jet opened, and the other avengers stepped out. Time to go. I began to walk away. I got about ten feet before Clint saw me.
"Hey," he called, "where ya going?" I shrugged at him before continuing to walk. A wirr started up behind me, Tony glided over and landed in front of me.
"And who," he smiled, "is this lovely lady?"
"Non of your business," I stepped around him.
"I met her a few minutes ago, I was doing target practice and uh, nearly hit her," admitted Clint.
"I'm sorry, what," exclaimed Captain America. Tony lead me, unwillingly, back to the group.
"You ok," asked the Captain.
"I'm fine," I said, "hats a little worse for wear, but other than that. No issue." Tony reached for my hat.
I stepped back, "no touchy, that goes for both me and my stuff." A few people, Tony included, laughed.
"Are you mad at Eye of Hawk," boomed Thor. Eye of. Oh Hawkeye.
"No, it was a mistake," I shrugged, "no hard feelings." Clint seemed relieved. "I'm just gonna go," I pointed down the trail, "bye." I sighed as I turned a corner behind some boulders. I slid down and say with my head in my hands. That was close. Footsteps crunched at the top of the boulders. I glanced up, three men wearing dark clothes stood there. A red skulled octopus sat printed on their shoulders.
HYDRA I have to warn the avengers.
I walked out from behind the boulder, pretending I had been hiking. I 'saw' the avengers and gasped. I jogged over to them.
"Hey," Clint smiled, "what brings you here?" I turned so my back was to the boulders. "There are three guys in dark clothing on top of the boulders in the direction I left. I wouldn't have worried about it, but they all have an ominous logo on their shoulders. A red skull with tentacles." A few of their faces fell.
"Hydra," growled Captain America. I nodded. My ears twitched, a sniper rifle was loaded, and ready to fire. It would kill both Clint and I. 3-2-1 now
"Move," I yelled, dragging Clint to the side. The bulled bounced off the jet.
"After them," yelled Tony, he looked at me ,"stay here." He flew off followed by all but one of the avengers. The remaining guy, a scientist by the look of him turned to me.
"I'm Bruce," he said.
"Shadow," I sighed.
"How did you do that," he asked
"Do what," I asked back. Shit
"Know when and where the bullet was going to hit," Bruce stared at me.
"Great hearing?" I shrugged. And fast reflexes.
He looked at me doubtfully. Clanking footfalls alerted us to the others arrival. Tony, Thor, and Cap were each carrying one of the men.
"Thanks for the Intel," nodded Cap.
"And the save," said Clint.
"How did you do that," asked Widow
I shrugged.
"We need to get these three to the Helicarrier," Tony called from inside the jet.
"Come with us," said Cap, "Fury's going to have questions." Shitshitshitshitshit
"Can I say no," I asked. Cap shook his head. I sighed and nodded, stepping aboard the jet.
(I know I can't write)