Chapter 1: Something New

CHAPTER 1: SOMETHING NEW

Senior- Class of 2012 List

Adams, Kara

'Ugh.' I thought. I hated her guts. Everybody did. Except for the guys, of course, since she was never one to "expose" her true self to them. The ones who actually hated her, were still afraid to turn their backs on her.

.

.

.

Brantley, Aaron

Ah, one of my two best friends. He's a jock, a player, outgoing and everything, but he's still the poor boy who wet his pants during nap time, to me. Totally different from who I am; unsociable, quiet… and the list goes on.

.

.

Endrall, James 

Evans, Charlotte 

I smiled. Also my best friend since kindergarten, someone I could trust. She's popular, head of the tennis team, last year's prom queen and whatnot. She is immature and reckless, I know, but she was the only one who helped me get over 'the thing' last summer. (While Aaron was playing pool and attending almost every party.) 

.

.

.

.

Hale, Ethan

Hastings, Brian

Hutton, Elizabeth

Jadill, Lukas

Jaedyn, Araina

My name. The name that I have been trying to forget after 'the thing'. 

The list after that was endless.

I stared at the list for a really long time, just to disguise the fact that I had absolutely nothing to do. I sighed.

 While some spent their time of "reunion" rejoicing and sharing their new Tory Burch bags, others eyed the newbies; some were approved and the rest just being food. 

"So, I heard there was a hot Calculus teacher, eh?" A familiar voice put a smile across my face.

"CHAR!" I exclaimed as I turned around.

She looked amazing as usual. She was wearing a bright sky blue sleeveless dress that flowed in the wind, and a pair of light gray strappy heels. Her blonde hair was messily tied into a bun, and she was wearing an oversized pair of sunglasses. Even I was admiring her mega watt smile.

"ARA! I missed you SO much… It's too bad you didn't come to Hawaii with us. It was amazing, really, and so much fun. Next time, we're going to Saipan and you are going to come with us. I even asked your mom in advance, to make sure that you weren't stuck with your cousins, being dragged around to outlet malls. I know you hate that." 

I laughed. She was talkative but she knew me so well; sometimes even better than I knew myself. 

It was true that I had to watch over my 14 year old, fashion-influenced cousins while my aunt and uncle went to the Philippines. But I had no choice since it was their anniversary and I just considered it to be my gift for them. 

The bell rang. 

"C'mon, A, we gotta get to the high school orientation and check out the newbies here." Char grabbed my arm and we walked towards the auditorium.

Our school always had a high school orientation. For freshman, it was in order to introduce them to high school and intimidate as well as pressure them into getting good grades. For sophies, juniors and seniors, it was the same thing. Go over the rules of the school (which by the way almost everyone slept through), and then introduce the new kids. It was this moment where they were classified into a clique; jock, freak, artist, nerd, cheerleader…etc. You could easily tell by the time and loudness of the applause.

We walked into the auditorium and sat down. Of course it took a couple of minutes for everyone to settle down.

An hour passed, and everyone was either sleeping, daydreaming, or sending texts to their friends.

"It is time for us to introduce the new students."

Everyone shuffled in their seats, sitting up straight. This was their favorite part; I have to admit, it is pretty interesting.

There were many new kids this year, unlike the last, where it was only poor Heather, and people began sticking the finger up at her. I'll leave it up to you to guess what group she was classified into. 

A couple of minutes passed, and everyone was starting to get bored. I kind of fell asleep as well. Unfortuanately, I was awoken by the cheering and whistling and the screaming. I still refused to open my eyes.

It was then when Char pinched me. 

"Ow." I glared at her, only to find her eyes fixed on the new kid. 

I gasped. 

Chase was back. 

Remember to VOMMENT! and thank you so much for reading, IF YOU VOTE IT AND COMMENT, I SWEAR I WILL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME :) THANKS <3