The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 18 ]

Start from the beginning

Yes, I’m paranoid about stuff like that, better to be safe than sorry.

“Don’t you reckon that guy’s cute?” Gabby giggled.

“Don’t you have a boyfriend?”

“I meant it for you, silly. Go talk to him.” She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, I cringed.

“Maybe not.”

“Oh C’mon. You call me for a fun time, I’m trying to give you a fun time but noooo, you won’t drink, you wont talk to guys…far out.”

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms around my waist and someone’s body touching the back of mine. I spun around and met dark blue eyes.

“Enjoying the party, Miss Armel?” Tyler’s hot breath met my ears. Somehow, we had managed to get in where people were dancing. Bodies were swaying to the beat everywhere. Tyler’s hands are on my hips, pressing me against him.

I shrugged. “I’ve been to better ones.”

He smirked again, “Maybe a dance with me can change your thoughts.” He told me as he positioned my arms around his neck.

“Don’t hold your breath on it.” I winked playfully. If the music wasn’t loud before, the DJ blasted up it up to the extent where you could practically feel each thump of the rhythm in your chest. I tried to not pay too much attention to the fact he kept pressing against me but it was hard to ignore his lust-filled eyes.

Tyler’s hands began to slowly trail down from my waist and I knew then that it was definitely time to leave. I gripped his hands before they could get carried away and quickly made up an excuse to get away from this man-whore. Pardon my French.

“I’m going to go get some air.” Before he could reply, I distanced myself so that other people dancing could fill in the gap between us. I had to shift through everyone which was easier said than done because bodies were practically stuck to each other due to the amount of people in the room.

I saw the white marble staircase and went up. After passing people making out in the hallways and many closed bedroom doors, my eyes fixed upon the balcony.

The glass doors were already open and I didn’t hesitate to enter outside into the chilly night. White roses were decorated around the limestone barriers as I took a look at the view below me. When I was ready to go back inside, I turned around only to bump into someone, hard.

“Sorry.” I muttered before I had the chance to look up at who it was. When I did, my heart sunk in my chest.

“Seems like you have a habit of bumping into me, ey, Chloé?” André wore a smirk and walked towards me like he owned the place.

“What are you doing here André?” I asked, irritated.

“I’m at Tyler’s party.” He answered as if I had just asked the most stupid question. I scowled at him.

“How do you even know Tyler?”

“Mutuals.” He simply replied.

 “Whatever - I’m off.” I decided I didn’t care anymore, maybe coming here tonight was a bad idea, “I hope I don’t bump into you anymore André” I added sincerely. I managed to take a step around him but he gripped my arm and spun me to his chest so firmly, it made me yelp.

“Chloé, you always leave so soon, c’mon, lets have some fun.” He whispered huskily in my ear. My heartbeat accelerated from fear, which I was determined not to show him.

“With you?” I scoffed. “Ha, I’d rather die.”

Suddenly, it was as if the music had stopped – but it hadn’t, it was just like a gentle thrumming in the background, as my eyes only focused on a pocket knife André had switched open, with it’s blade clearly visible and shining as the moonlight hit it’s metal surface.