March 8, 2016

Spring is almost here!!!

Okay that was random, sorry. But oh, I love spring so much :D (except for the fact that it's allergy season, and I'm constantly covered in hives and usually carry tissues wherever I go, but it's worth it to see the sunshine and the flowers bloom!)

Alright, so I haven't posted much. Why? I've kind of separated myself from Wattpad. I only get on to talk to friends, and that's always on my main profile. Sorry guys D:

I must admit, my trich is getting much, much worse. My hypnotherapist (is that the word?) is surprised to see that hypnotherapy isn't going too well, so we're trying a new kind of hypnosis. My mom called a psychologist in Seattle who specializes in trichotillomania, however she is booked for five months. And, a new anxiety problem has popped up: hives and rashes.

Two weeks ago, I woke up covered in hives and rashes. At first, I thought it was a nasty allergic reaction, so I took an Allegra but it never helped. I couldn't take any Benadryl, because I had school and Benadryl makes me super tired. That night, my mom saw the hives and she said I needed to see a doctor, so we went to the clinic and they said it was probably an allergic reaction to my antidepressants. The doctors gave me some medicine to take to get rid of the rashes, and I went home.

However, my mom informed our family physician of the rashes and he thinks otherwise. He said that some people with anxiety get hives and rashes, and he doesn't think that the antidepressants caused the reaction. So, we're pretty confused right now, but I'm hoping to find out why I've been a giant, walking strawberry for a few weeks. 

Also, I've been picking at my skin lately. I've done it ever since I started getting acne, however it's been worsening over the years. I recently discovered there is a name for this, it's called "Excoriation Disorder", or dermatillomania (probably spelled that wrong). 

Two disorders? Wow, okay.

So yes, I've been doing poorly, however I still have hope for the future. I just have to keep going.